don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

THIS IS THE BIG NEWS

2. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Hah! I freakin' knew they wouldn't make the release date that was 'leaked'. Good to know officially that they're fine-tuning the game now. I think these so-called 'floaty' jumps will be gone in the final release.

Heh, Who ever said that the leaked version of the game will become the saught-after beta that the future communities will sell their souls for, I guess you were on the money with that statement.

3. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Scarred Sun's comments about the saving the leak for research makes a lot more sense now. My initial reaction was "who cares, everyone will have it soon enough" but looks like it's a beta after all!

4. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    I believe "download it this summer" was in the first Sonic 4 trailer, silly.

5. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Isn't this, plus a legitimate trailer with gameplay that isn't leaked, relatively good news? It just proves that SEGA are actually working on fixing the game's problems, and the version we've seen is in no way the final game. So everyone who said months ago that the videos were saw with the shitty physics engine were the "final" game are wrong, isn't that good news? Ahh whatever.

6. Dude, outside of a few many of us and the people at NeoGAF and few other fansites, the response to this game has been HUGELY positive. Those who are doubtful are in the minority.

EDIT: Why is this a Shitty announcement?
    Its the most unexpected and frankly positive things to ever be done by SEGA in regards to a Sonic game. They are actively trying to FINISH the game before releasing it!
    This is good news. It shows that at least they care about this game, moreso than anyone probably expected

7. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
  8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    The idea of a "delayed release" makes me happy but sad at the same time. I'm ready to play this game, but I'm more than willing to let them take their time and go on a bugfixing spree (as well as touching up stuff).

However, iPhone release makes me giddy. :3

9. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Unless the new stuff coming soon (and I don't mean in the coming months) is something that's definetly NOT in the leaked footage, I'm not going to be impressed with any over hyped "announcement" that follows through.

Seriously, what a let down. I guess this is okay, you know, for them to "fine tune the game" - but that's what the time between now and June during all those QA sessions were supposed to be for. Just what exactly are they DOING at Sega?

This announcement had nothing substantial for me to be excited about.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I would hope that's what they're doing. Considering the game in its entirety has been completely leaked, there's very little else they can do to besides change it up in order to compel the pirates to buy the actual retail release anyway. Doubt anything big will happen, though; a slight more polish is all I'm guessing we'll see. They could, of course, be working on Episode 2 as well so they have some news to keep the hype train going soon after the release.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Speaking of which, where might I find this new trailer? Unless it's going to be released along with On The Spot.

12. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    They delayed it? Well, actually, the funny thing is, I predicted that on my way to the pizza place just now.

And you know what? That's the best news they could have possibly given us.

No, think about it. What in the PartnerNET build could possibly merit any sort of delay other than all the shit we've been bitching about since the leaked gameplay hit the 'net?

Answer: absolutely nothing. The game looks perfectly playable and no other issues are evident but those things that everyone was so sure wouldn't be changed. I guess all of our constructive feedback and/or expressions of open hostility have been heard, eh? =P

No, really. This news excites me more than any trailer, release date announcement, or... well, just about anything else ever could. The saying is, "A delayed game is a good game." They may have been late in realizing this, but Sega's made a definitive move to show that they really are going to put effort into this game.

13. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
  14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Anyone else tired of the "epic" music they're using for each trailer? It was cool for the first one because it added a bit of mystery to the game, since it had no title, logo, gameplay, etc, but now it's just kinda lame and doesn't really fit the nature of the trailer at all.

15. corneliab

corneliab

That trailer really sucks.

16. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member

Here's the trailer that got taken down.

All I can say is, this is actually good news! Nintendo's delayed games to make them better and look how they turn out! Maybe now SEGA can focus on appeasing the HARDCORE CLASSIC FANS and put in a classic Sonic skin and hire Skywalker Sound and really turn it into Sonic 3 HD and and and

EDIT: BRGKGLH goddamn OSM

17. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    This trailer enphatize everything I don't like about this game.
    If I hadn't seen the leaks, I would be pretty disappointed.

18. RevFirst

RevFirst

Eh. They need to go into detail on what they plan throughout the delay. Until then, this just means more drama.

Uh, no. It's a mix of both and calling either side a vast minority is just wrong. They're just making themselves look good as expected from a company.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Did anyone else get a kind of feeling of claustrophobia while watching that trailer? Like there's not enough room to see ahead? Maybe it's just the video.

It's nice to see a non-shaky view of Splash Hill for a change though. Still, nothing we haven't seen before.

20. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Inb4 vapourware.

Watching more Splash Hill only serves to emphasise to me how plays-itself S4 is. Spring, spring, spring, spring, pulley, spring, speedbooster, spring, speedbooster...

Argh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.