don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Sega always does a good hype machine. Too bad what they hype is as about exciting as a cow pie. 55 people reading this topic, will all be disappointed come 3-4 hours from now.

2. dsrb

dsrb

A hearty "LOL FAIL" to all concerned. That said, if SR and TSS get screwed over by Sega after all the later's spouting about the importance of the fan community, that'll be really rubbish.

3. corneliab

corneliab

Aren't you supposed to be off "fucking this shit" or something? Your constant whining is unbearable.

4. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    So wait, do we have an exclusive or is the exclusive the announcement of the announcement that has already been given out? because if it's the announcement, then there was no exclusive to begin with

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Then get off the internet and do something else if it's really that painful.

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Break the level layouts? I'm not seeing a whole lot that wouldn't benefit from better physics, and they could always alter what doesn't work to compensate. I doubt it would be that hard to do, given the nature of the game.

And badnik bridges wouldn't be broken at all. The entire schtick of the Homing Attack is its blatant disregard for physics—I would think that aspect would be affected the least...

7. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    11pm? Fuck. Guess I'll have to check it when I wake up for my early work shift >.>

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Just got home from school and read whats been up today.

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

9. Fair point, but aren't you supposed to be "done with this game".

You've said "fuck this shit" so many times now.

Yet you keep coming back......

Anyways, looks like I'll have to wait a while. I don't really care, they can release this info whenever they feel like it. Just as long as the info is worth the wait.
    Otherwise, I may as well just wait for the game to be released for any more "information". First-hand is better than second-hand (or third-hnad in the case of the leaks, seeing as you're not actually present)

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    OSM has a love hate relationship with Sonic 4. Eventually, he'll see the emotional abuse of the situation, but until then there's nothing we can do but be there to support him in his time of need.

On a serious note, saw this shit coming. I haven't watched On The Spot in two years (Some of you might be able to pin the reason why, if you're familiar with Gamespot's history!) and I'm not going to start now.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Ok is this necessary

this is the Sonic 4 thread not the "Trash each other" thread :(

Come on guys we're better than this

12. DrHertz

DrHertz

I Live in Your Eyes Member
    Worthing
    Thinking
    11PM? That's dinner time for me! The joy of being mostly nocturnal :3

I'm not really getting my hopes up for anything major, just because I don't like being disappointed; though a release at least date would be great!

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Well at least you know what I mean, even if it was adjustable for level design I have low doubts that modern day sega would actually do such a thing, especially when sonic 4 seems to be a tight budget made game.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Ruby said this yesterday on NeoGAF:
    Something that the majority of GAF would be pleased with? this could be big.
    + - CONCEPT ART  

15. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    *Ahem*

From a comment on my site from one of this site's staffers, in full, and in context:

Now, the sentence of note:

So, if you believe this, Monday's exclusive was announcing today's reveal, and nothing more.

I'm not *totally* convinced it's as simple as that, but there you are.

16. WOAH. If its something that NeoGAF will like......well..... it could be EPIC!!

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

@TSSZ

Makes sense. You can't have exclusivity over news.

However, I am in agreement that its probably not that simple.

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Except Kat's exactly right and it is.

18. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    [​IMG]
    HEY, DUMMY.

It is as simple as that, knucklehead. TSS and Retro got the exclusive story that there would be an announcement today. Yes... an announcement of an announcement. Neither post says that TSS/Retro would be getting today's goodness exclusively. That was arranged from the beginning. In hindsight, they probably should have told us that GameSpot would be getting the hotness so that we could put that in the articles, but what are ya gonna do now? Fuggedaboutit.

I know that you want to not be convinced so that you can continue make new stories and milk as many pageviews as possible from Retro & TSS' insane amount of pageviews (man, swimmin' in visitors right now), but it's time to put your "My Li'l Reporter" kit away.

19. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I won't be around a TV at 5 P.M., so I expect this thread to have a complete transcript of the show and a detailed analysis for me by the time I get home. Hop to it, guys!

(insert sarcasm warning here)

20. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    The thing that amazes me the most about this thread is how no one seems to actually read it before they post. I spelled out exactly what you just said like 3 hours ago, and now it's been confirmed by at least 4 different people. And I'll bet you anything people will still be confused a couple pages later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.