don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    What if the boss burnt down the trees before he tries to do the same to you?

2. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    What if Sky Sanctuary Dark (Storm Sanctuary Zone?) :v: was like a sub stage leading up to the final boss? With the past bosses idea.
    With the final confrontation taking place in the first level?

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I always thought it would be really cool to have a final battle in the crashed Death Egg ruins. It would kind of be a nostalgic throwback, especially if you had to go through some of the paths that you used in S&K.

4. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I don't think those clouds work so well with the darker/desaturated pallete, some different artwork might look better.
    Or maybe it does look fine and I'm just so used to the original palette :psyduck:

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Well the problem with all of these ideas is that a broken death egg is already a sub level before the final level. You fight Silver Sonic and then find the teleporter that teleports you to Sky Sanctuary/Hazel Hills depending on which I choose. I could have three sub levels for the final fight?

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

I think that the final level/boss fight should be the ruined death egg, and other planned sub-stages should be placed before the ruined Death Egg level.

7. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.

Might take time for processing but some BETA footage for you from the 1st Zone :)

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Nice palette bug!

I like the look of it so far. Megamix, watch out.

And nice use of the Mega Collection music in the options.

9. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Ill have to look into this here super sonic glitch...oh blue super sonic how I love thou.

10. Its Semi-Super Sonic!! :D

I vote you keep that in for some weird reason, lol.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Very nice, but I do have one suggestion: on the title screen, you have 3 blocks of 2, like uh

I see how you're trying to go with Sonic 2/3's title screen options style here, but when you pressed down on the D option I was expecting to see A again. Maybe 2 blocks of three would fit?

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And as an extension to that, maybe have little arrows making it clearer that you can scroll up and down to access more options.

13. EDOOM

EDOOM

Well, that's a pretty amusing glitch... and quite exploitable may I say!

After watching the video and Sonic's transformation (and it's subsequent glitch), I've had some ideas I'd like to tell you about (keep in mind those are only mere suggestions, as I'm no programmer and have no idea whether they are easy to pull off) :

What about making Supersonic's special traits cumulative and emerald specific? I mean, Supersonic's main special traits are higher speed, higher jump and invincibility. In order for Sonic to become Supersonic, one must collect all the emeralds but, wouldn't it be interesting if Sonic were getting stronger as he collects more and more emeralds?

Thus, the main idea is as follows:

<blockquote>2 emeralds = double jump height
    4 emeralds = double jump height + double run speed
    6 emeralds = double jump height + double run speed + invincibility</blockquote>

Pushing things further, one could even alter Sonic's appearance according to the amount of emeralds he has (with Hez's "glitchy blue Supersonic" being a fine example of Sonic harnessing the power of 4-5 emeralds). So, if we add this concept to the previous relation:

<blockquote>2 emeralds = double jump height = ? (Sonic with shiny sneakers, perhaps?)
    4 emeralds = double jump height + double run speed = glitchy blue Supersonic
    6 emeralds = double jump height + double run speed + invincibility = good old glittering Supersonic</blockquote>

As I stated above, Hez, please take it as a mere suggestion, but I think this would be an unexpected and innovative approach to the classic Supersonic gameplay feature no one has attempted before...

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    That sounds good, but I think it'd change the classic formula too much. SHC looks like it's trying to stick to the original games as possible while being an all-new adventure (built from the ground up, speed returns etc.), but I think the classic "you need all 7 emeralds to transform" is something that needs to stay.

15. Gah, why is ghost racing so addictive?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Updated time.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    how in the fuck did you get that time...

*quits working and starts ghost racing again*

17. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Good job, Darchon. you just added another month to the dev time :p

18. EDOOM

EDOOM

Yeah, I know it's a bit anachronistic, but it may do well as an alternate game mode...

19. Felik

Felik

How long have you been developing this?
    I'm rather jealous cos I was making Sonic Fusion for 3+ years and made like 5 levels and you made like 10-20 including Sonic 1's levels so far.

20. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.

Best way to show you Glitches is in a video.... here is one I discovered whilst playing as Knuxx.