don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    That's a little different; it's true that Earthbound was a cult game, but Fire Emblem had never made it to the west until years after Melee, and Roy actually made his first appearance in Melee as promotion for the upcoming (Japan-only) Fire Emblem game in which he'd star. All things considered, Mr. Game & Watch might be more analogous to SEGA's early unofficial mascots.

2. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Metal Sonic is up for Playstation 3 owners.

$7.99. What the fuck is this shit?

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

$7.99 plus tax for one character, and one level with music that can only be played in that one level? WHAT. This is a total rip-off...

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Might just be best to wait for one of those sales they have (Like with the '06/Unleashed DLC deal they had a few months back) and snatch up what you can.

$8 is just far too much. $3, maybe $4 sounds about right in my opinion.

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

Yes, I probably should wait before purchasing this. Such a disappointment.

EDIT: Wait a second. The PSN blog didn't update in the U.S. yet.

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Shame that that was more down to Shuntaro Tanaka than any kinda intended fanservise, he just wanted to use his own characters again lol

Mabye secretly yearning for a SOA2 XD

7. ShadowPhantom

ShadowPhantom

Bow your heads low, all hail Shadow!
    Station Square
    Practicing drawing Sonic.
    Well, my dad just bought me and my brother Metal Sonic and the Death Egg Zone for the Xbox 360. Egg Hangar is now my favorite level. I hope they do more downloadable content soon. Like NiGHTS perhaps?

8. Can you post more pictures? I'm curious to see how authentic it is to the forklift in Shenmue.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Link: http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/1347-s...post__p__153059

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the DLC we have is what we'll get unless SEGA decides more is needed.

EDIT: I fail at linking. That particular post is at the bottom of the page, by the way.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Yeah, pretty much.

They're probably gonna base it on sales too. Since not too many are buying because of the ridiculous price, I guess this is it.

11. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    It could also mean Sumo created a set amount of DLC packages and sent them to SEGA, and SEGA will decide if and when they will be released. Maybe by "wanting some more" they mean create other DLC, beside the one they sent.

This is the optimistic view. I prefer this because I want to see more for this game. But if sales aren't actually that great, then there is little to no chance this may actually happen.

12. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I happen to think this is also the correct view. Lycett said the DLC was out of his hands weeks ago. I have strong reason to believe they're not just going to stop with Ryo-F, Metal and Death Egg. It's a waste of time and resources on both sides otherwise.

That said, I do think once SEGA releases all of what they have, that's it.

13. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Hey SEGA, pro-tip: Price DLC decently and don't fuck PS3 owners over, then sales might (read: will) get better.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    this! asking for so much for so little is not how DLC sells... I can see it now, sega saying the DLC was a failure in sales and we will never get ristar, toejam & earl, blaze fielding, ect.

Failure sega, big failure.

15. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    So Sega sent me a replacement Ryo figurine and guess what, this one is broken also. It is actually worse than the first one, it only had the forks broke off but this one the forklift attachment was broken.

16. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

There were rumours that Valkyria was like testing the waters for SOA2. If it was successful, then the chance would increase. I never really believed that. For a main console tactical shining, that yeah, it was more within the genre. I'd be content either way. Sega RPGs were always my favourite.

The price for DLC is just absurd. Sure it's Metal :v: but not even I'm going to buy that. Makes the price of Sonic 4 ridiculously low in comparision.

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    You do realise you're not supposed to use forklift figurines to lift heavy crates, right?

18. ShadowPhantom

ShadowPhantom

Bow your heads low, all hail Shadow!
    Station Square
    Practicing drawing Sonic.
    I hope they put more downloadable content up. I want to see NiGHTS, Silver and Blaze as playable characters. Maybe team Chaotix while they're at it. Either way, I've unlocked and played everything. I want more.

I've also been thinking of a track based off Mad Matrix or Digital Circuit from the Shadow the Hedgehog game. That would be cool.

19. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Huh.. I got an email saying I won a prize for entering an ASR competition over at Sonic Wrecks. I can't even check what I might have won because the college computers have blocked Sonic Wrecks.

I hope I won some concept art though. <3

20. Does anybody know when they're coming out with any more DLC? It seems like they're just stopping after the first bundle or something... And I wanted more character cameos too. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.