don't click here

Sonic Henceforth

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by P3DR0, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    This project has more than a year of life, so I'll post just the most recent updates

[​IMG]

To start, here is our Sonic, made by our 3d-guy based on Sonic OVA's Sonic:
    [​IMG]

An 3d view:

The first song on the game 16-bits version:

The game is most Next-Gen than Genesis it will have the HQ to 16bits music options, 'cause we can't forggot our genesis-fans. :D

First badnick concept, the Rhino:
    [​IMG]

An old background image:
    [​IMG]

And for all the "I just believe seein":

An old video showing the gameplay of the game.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    So I'm confused here. What is this game, a 2D game with 3D models or is the 3D model just for show.

3. Everything but the old gameplay video looks fantastic! Though, is this a 2D platformer or 3D? I can't tell...

4. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    It's a 2D plataformer with 3D models and elements.

5. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I love it. I can't wait to see Tails, Knuckles and Eggman. <3

6. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Tails acctualy is on progress. :D

7. Aberdorf

Aberdorf

Ficou muito bom cara o modelo 3D, e o vĂ­deo me fez ficar muito empolgado com o game.

8. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    So it's basically a 2D game with elements of the 3D games and Rush, and with a 3D model of Classic Sonic.

Well, it looks fun, but I hope the actual game has a balance between breakneck-speed running-on-slopes and platforming.

If you're implementing the Homing Attack, might I suggest you look to some of the optional/DLC levels of Sonic Unleashed for ideas of how to implement the homing challenges?

The model looks good, but something about the face seems slightly off to me.

9. I think the Eyes need more of a V. Thats what is different.

Anyways, this could be really cool! Looking forward for more!

10. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    [​IMG]
    Mockup of the "Challenge Mode".

The idea is exactly what the mockup says... I mean, they're medals, you earn them when you complete determinated task like "Play any zone without use Boost or Homming Attack".
    For the medals, I was looking with XSonic, a friend 'o mine and owner of a big Sonic Forum here in Brazil, to create an online page for them.

For example:

You create a new game, you have the choice to register yourself to create your conquists page (and the register button will be there in menu too).

In the formulary you have to enter a nickname and a e-mail, you have the option to select the color of the page and the avatar (or upload an external).

So, you ask me... What the fuck I will do with those medals?

First you got bonus in-game... But my idea is to create an automatic signature to use on foruns and a automatic online profile, showing your avatar, your play time and your 5 or 4 most recent medals.

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I really like the 16 bit music you posted, It's by far one of the best fan made Sonic songs I've ever heard. Clearly it's based on that cool intro music from Sonic the Movie, but the way you rendered it is brilliant. Better than anything Tweaker or Marc usually does by a long shot.

12. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Actualy, Mad Echidna, the game will be spend on Sonic OVA's universe. That's the reason of the Sonic and the music.

13. Aberdorf

Aberdorf

Any released date, or at least, will it be released this year (as according to you, it's been in development for a year by now)?

14. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY

Another song (16bit version), folks.

And a WIP:

And the front of the Sonic
    [​IMG]

15. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I love the whole cell shading thing going on with the Sonic model, and I'm really digging these music tracks. That first one there gives me a very Flying Battery type of vibe. Intentional?

16. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Intentional. ;)

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Henceforth? That sounds random, to say the least.

18. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    That Sonic looks great, but your music is rather... ick. The instruments aren't very Sonic-y, and the songs themselves seem to be missing something. Also, you've used FM drums - the original games used sampled drums, and it would probably sound better if you did too.

19. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    The idea of the name is something new. Sonic from now to ahead. A new way to play Sonic... It looks random indeed. And a friend o' mine explained to me that the meaning of Henceforth isn't what I've understand at all. But well the game has that name for a long time ago, it will remains.
    Well, if it isn't looking Sonic-y, it's because we're doing it right. My point is, the game is based on the universe of Sonic OVA what have the songs a lot different that the games. I really guess that they're great and fits perfectly with the game and the idea.

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Ta much for the bitch at the end. Always makes me feel loved. ^__^

Love the 16-bit renditions, although are they done using that Ultimate Mega Drive Soundfont or using SMPS? It'd be interesting to hear it working on actual SMPS if it isn't. The model is also awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.