don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing 2?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=121149

ASR is only 2 months old, this is pretty early for a sequel.

If they're making a real sequel, it better have twice the amount of characters and new content, otherwise they're better off making DLC instead of charging for another full game.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

Maybe Ristar will be playable? If this is true, there probably won't be as much DLC as I had hoped...

3. Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing 2? What would be beter would be to make a large DLC pack with a ton of characters and tracks, another game this soon and while DLC is fresh is just stupid, I mean what else can they add?

Maybe the site means another game in the full "Superstars" series, personally I want to see "Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Fighting" myself.

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It doesn't necessarily mean the game will come out soon; if anything, it just means they decided they're doing a sequel. The game was fairly well-received, so why not?

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Seems far too soon. If this rumor had surfaced a few months from now, maybe I would've believed it.

Of course, yet another "I wouldn't mind being surprised" type thing though. :v:

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sumo Digital; listen to me.

We don't need a Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 2.

We need a fighting game. An all-out fighting game.

+ - Versus Capcom.  

7. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Sonic the Fighters 2? I'm game.

8. ShadowPhantom

ShadowPhantom

Bow your heads low, all hail Shadow!
    Station Square
    Practicing drawing Sonic.
    If this is true I'd totally go for it. But yeah, I want a Sonic fighting game. Like Super Smash Brothers, but with Sonic characters.

9. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    [​IMG]

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    To be fair, it's not easy to find people to play Sonic Battle with, let alone trying to find someone who actually has the game.

EDIT: As in, a multi player experience.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Except that wasn't like Super Smash Bros. That was like.... a really shoddily made game (that's a mixture between a hard-to-manuever top-down game and a beat 'em up) to cash in on the Sonic name.

I'm in for StF2 OR Super Smash Bros. - Nintendo + Sega.

12. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'd like to see something along the lines of Power Stone. I think that would work rather well. If that doesn't pan out, how about Mortal Kombat: Sonic Edition. I've always wanted to rip Shadow's spine out. :v:

13. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Well, considering they cloned and improved really well Mario Kart, I they could clone a Smash Bros Fighting game...

But would Nintendo allow them to do that? Sonic's already in Brawl now, I don't think they'll let him go to another fighting series of the same genre.

Oh wait... I had a weird vision: Sonic & Sega All Stars Party. :v:

14. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    inb4 Super Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie.

15. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    All for a sequel really. The first one got Mario Kart's formula dead on and improved on it all in the first try. I'd love to see what they do now that they've got the experience under their belt.

Just...don't be afraid to take awhile to develop it.

16. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    That still rustles my jimmies.

17. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Why would Nintendo stop SEGA from getting their characters involved in a different genre? They can't do a damn thing about that. o.o

Wouldn't they kind of base the idea off Virtua Fighter or something? I haven't played Sega Superstars Tennis, but I think someone said it's kind of based off Virtua Tennis or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A Party game? ...Well, if it can outdo Mario Party (which shouldn't be too hard about now), I'm for it.

18. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If they were to actually make a good party game featuring Sonic and SEGA characters, not doubt I'd fucking buy it. My friends and I play the old Mario Parties a shitton, if SEGA were able to top them, or at least make a game just as good as 1, 2, or 3, I'd buy it in a second. Well, I'd probably wait for a price reduction, but still.

19. This soon, I would rather they make more DLC for the 1st one than a new game.

However, if they can justify purchasing it...who knows?

Maybe even let people use stuff from the 1st game in the 2nd one? :D

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Screw Smash Bros. I'd rather see something like Marvel Vs Capcom or Virtua Fighter.

Both are far superior games anyway.

Also I don't want a sequel. I'd rather have an expansion pack to this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.