don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browny

browny

Well it was leaked yesterday and can be played on JTAG'd 360s. Anyone had a bash?

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So's Sonic 06.

I dunno about the GCN version, but the framerate has always been perfect on my PC.

3. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    So I take it the old Trial/Demo burned to disc and popped in the 360 won't work then? :v:
    I can't find a download anyway =P

4. browny

browny

I forgot it was a xbla game :v: . The method you speak of will work fine.

edit: video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n—dMsFOSR0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n—dMsFOSR0</a>

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Your video's been taken down by SoA, and the board code broke the URL anyway =P

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Post it again, but do not give it any tags for sonic adventure, even if its just "video of Xboxlive game" they wont really find it unless you put sonic adventure in the title or search tags XD

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Yea it is but the cube version would drop to sub 30 in areas, it wasn't stable.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I tried that with an unreleased XBLA game, won't work.

9. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

I don't mess with Xbox stuff often, but I'm pretty sure all Dev games are signed with different keys than normal games, making them unplayable on an unmodded console.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Why you would want to do it on an unmodded console is another question.

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Thought I'd chime in by mentioning that the latest leak of Sonic 4 came with a bonus: a short stint at SA1's XBLA version (during the second part of the live stream's archive recording, I think), through the end of Sonic's Emerald Coast stage. Only thing I feel inclined to note is that the damn fall-through-the-floor-if-you're-going-too-slow glitch near that one loop is still present, as the twitch-to-the-right that signifies Sonic running through the glitch point is still present. They really should fix that glitch, it's one of the most well-known and blatant bugs in the game. Next to, you know, the entirety of Sky Deck.

12. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    I don't think they'll fix the bugs anytime soon, maybe never. You know, Sega isn't that kind of good hearted guys.

13. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I was really irritated by DX, actually. Not that I consider it an inferior product, but they upgrade the graphics and add Metal Sonic and Mission Mode, but don't fix any of the obvious bugs. I mean, really?

14. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Those are all high-end robotnik traps. They left them in for nostalgia purposes.

15. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    Yeah, really. We're talking about the creators of Sonic 2006 anyway.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I seem to remember a discussion on another website a while back in which certain things came to light about Sonic Adventure DX being so difficult to programme for, that removing certain glitches (Meaning replacing or removing certain parts of the code) would mean a break down of the game of some varying degrees. Whether this is true or not is debatable, but I'm sure that, looking through various threads of information in my time, Sonic Adventure is a pretty difficult game to fix and port, especially seeing as a lot of people who worked on that game who knew the in's and out's of it may have left SEGA in the 12 years since its release.

17. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Yeah, but I think that if you wanna make money from an old game, at least treat him with dignity and fix the bugs that no one but you did years ago. It's your gold mine anyway ;)

18. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    WAIT, you can get XBLA arcade games and burn them to a disc and they'll work that way?!

HOW YOU DO THIS

Also, does it work with game demos? I wanna play the new Skate 3, but I don't want to hook my xbox to the internet.

19. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It works with normal demos only, nothing else.

20. I may have to agree with this. For me it seems that in the final battle with Super Sonic vs Perfect Chaos, the overal level looks clean and polished but looks very empty and lacking detail. The character models are great in DX but it seems in the level design suffered from the polishing. When you play the original Dreamcast version, however, the level design is awesome and very well detailed.

I could be wrong. But I know everytime when I play the two it seems graphiclly in the level backgrounds they are not as detailed texture wise as in the Dreamcast verision. I just can't put my finger on it but I know something is off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.