don't click here

I hate being held back by lack of volition...

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Quickman, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Asking at SCARZ will get me nowhere - Nemesis will just say "it's not as simple as that, different parts of the RAM do different things at different times" - so I'm back to square one because LOst doesn't trust me.

Again.

This pisses me off. There are people who know and they won't tell me.

It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't put that exclamation mark at the end. That makes me feel like I've been cast off and left in the gutter.

I still can't code objects because of this. Therefore I can't make a decent hack.

Discuss.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...You forgot to ask Hivebrain.

3. Kles

Kles

Ooh, Super Punch Out hacks!

This could get interesting. Oh, and, uhh, sorry about your luck, Quick Man. Just keep asking around and you'll get it.

4. RoboticParanoia

RoboticParanoia

Yes, these are flower men. Oldbie
    A Brisk Walk Through Time/Getigo Engine
    Politics, politics, smollitics!

Anyways, I agree with ICEKnight in that you should try asking Hivebrain.

5. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    That realy sucks. Im trying to think up more to discuss.
    Ooh, hows this:

Why don't you [Quickman] ask all the oldbies (Saxman, hivebrain, Cyan, etc)?

...And that ladies and gentelmen is all I can think of.

EDIT:
    A friend who got me involved with the sonic scene once said the same about you, with the straight answers and the constant full stops. But then again he was a little wierd.

6. Mase

Mase

What's the deal with all the secrecy about hacking? I don't mean to criticize LOst here, but shouldn't all the info about ROM hacking be made public?
    Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought that's sort of the point of all the research we do...

7. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    I agree with Mase. that's why it is quite hard for noobs to get started, with exeption of some of the heroes on this message board most people just shunt them off. I am talking about myself btw. Although there is a point to be made about all the noobs that have come here and arsed around.

EDIT: Well said Mase. [Looks towards Quickman] ...Mase for Tech member? Or is this not good timing?

8. BtCE

BtCE

Errr.. Soil, you mean Newb. Not turd. Mase really hasn't done anything to prove his worthiness as a Tech Member, so that wouldn't make sense; no offense to him at all. Thirdly, I would agree somewhat with what Mase said, although everyone has a right to withhold the information as they were the ones who found it. Usually it is eventually released, but it is the finder(s) descision to make the notes public. If LOst chooses to do so, that is all the better we are. If he dosn't, its his choice, so we may aswell not gripe. LOst is a nice, generous, friendly guy, so we should eventually find out all of what is happening. People, remember the hard work that LOst and anybody else has to do to contain information (in general), so he should have the right to withold the information.

9. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    There are unscrupulous individuals whom LOst does not want to be possessors of certain information.

Not really. You have to be in a position of power first for something like that to work.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The Sonic Cult forums are back. Since people there usually don't keep the info to themselves, I suggest you ask in there...

11. Mase

Mase

Me a Tech Member? :lol: Never!

Anyway,I don't entirely see why people need to keep information away from these individuals...but BtCE has a good point: It's thier right to, if you like it or not.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    People have the collision fully documented, Hivebrain, OrdosAlpha, and Esrael to name a few. Many different people have their own personal hacking notes, you can't just expect them to share all their hard work just like that.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, that's very fun. I've seen all the KO sequences now.

14. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    word ^_^

15. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Crap. Id just forget about LOst QuickMan, good things come to those who wait and all that.

...Nothing more I can say other than hack the bastard....
    Oh yeah and since you stopped using the socreties quote can I pinch it? :P

16. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    It's hardly my personal quote, so sure :P

17. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    And Socrates himself was permanently pissed...

18. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    Lol! Thanks Quick Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.