don't click here

Retro Sonic Backpack???

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by cornholio857, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Upon posting my soft cover version of the Sonic Look and Find and my Retro Sonic scrub in that Sonic LAF forum, I got to thinking. I have some pretty obscure Sonic merchandise. I have a rarely used Sonic backpack that I got as a kid. Anyone else have one of these? Also, if this thread doesn't belong in the General Sonic Discussion, I apologize.

[​IMG]

2. I saw a beautiful girl at an Anime convention in Texas with this backpack. Blew my mind.

3. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    While I don't have that backpack, I have one of the 'new classic' styles, an over the arm bag that can fit consoles and stuff in. Pretty nifty. I quite like the 'new classic' merch.

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    *sigh* As a kid I would have killed entire villages and bathed in the blood of the fallen just to have such a wonderous bag on my back every day at school...

*sigh*

5. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    I know the ones you mean. I bought one for my Wii a while ago. I love it XD I was a little annoyed when my netbok wouldn't fit in it though XDD

6. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Better not mention my two Sonic 3 Trapper Keepers then. :v: I have a Carnival Night Themed one and a Launch Base Zone Themed one as well. Not in as good condition as the backpack though.... It's somewhere buried in my closet. LOL

7. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    I have the Launch base zone trapper keeper but long ago my mom threw away that backpack. To this day I remind her of throwing it away*sighs*

8. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Ugh you fags I never even knew they had Sonic trapper keepers. I always had racecars or some shit.

It used to allways drive me nuts when I saw stuff like Sonic sneakers at Payless or whever because all kids shoes that were based on Sonic or Spiderman or whatever were allways way too small for me even when I was like 7 years old.

9. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I had that backpack in the OP! I used it when I was in elementary school. I might still have it in storage somewhere, I should ask my parents about it.

I don't think I ever actually put my Game Gear in that outer pouch, though.

I also had a bunch of different pairs of Sonic sneakers throughout my childhood, as well as some canvas shoes.

10. SlushBox

SlushBox

bored with living Member
    Damn I wish I knew that they had this kind of stuff back then. Despite how ever strange or even, erm, camp I would appear, I'd fuckin' wear one around today.

11. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I'm amazed nobody has posted that Sonic/Obama/Harry Potter backpack yet. :v:

Looking through merchandise available way-back-when, had I been a big Sonic fan as a kid, I would've likely got a Sonic backpack. Time has passed though, and those backpacks just won't cut it for my needs.

Does that backpack have any slots or anything for the Game Gear games or accessories?

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It has a dedicated Game Gear pocket? BADASS.

I think the closest I got to Sonic accessories you'd take to school would be a Sonic pencil case set =P

13. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    would anybody else actually wear this to school today besides me?

14. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    No. Just the Game Gear pouch that I never used. I have a GOOD case for that. :v: It only has the main compartment, the pouch under the Sonic Logo and the Game Gear pouch.

[​IMG]

I'd say it's in pretty good condition. Minus the holes on the corners from tacking it up in different places since 1993. I have a Sonic and Knuckles one as well.

15. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Yeah, the fact that it has a pocket specifically for something that would land you in trouble back at my elementary school would've made it pretty awesome back in the day.

16. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

17. cornholio857

cornholio857

Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
    Holy shit! Where did that come from? Never seen that before! Thanks for the pic! :v:

18. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That's the most deliciously retarded backpack I've seen in my whole life.

And I really want that Sonic 2 poster. I envy you. :v:

19. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    I think the point of the thread is so that cornholio857 can show off his stuff. Sonic Gear is a great website for seeing tons of obscure Sonic merchandise.

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I used to have that backpack. Maybe if I go look through some of my stuff in the garage, I might come across it again (Along with my old Sonic dolls)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.