don't click here

Sonic 3 Complete

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tiddles, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Unsure if this has been asked already, but could you fix it so that EggRobo is replacing Robotnik in all of his Death Egg appearances? This includes the chase to the final boss.

2. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    How about Big Arm (S3 Final Boss) being able to damage Super/Hyper forms?

3. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    How about Big Arm not being able to knock Sonic out of Super/Hyper form directly, but still able to grab him and subtract a fixed number of rings upon slamming him down (say, 25).

4. MastaSys

MastaSys

I say 10, dunno why, maybe because of 8-bit sonic titles (I also think it was like this in Wii Unleashed, but not sure.)

And thanks for the update! It's a tweak here and there, but it really makes a difference! The game is getting very near to "perfect" really helps to enjoy S3&K :D

5. I doubt it's a big deal, but I started a Sonic & Tails game with debug enabled. Skipping the cut scene while in object placement mode garbles Sonic's sprites into whatever object you were on in debug mode. It only lasts for AIZ. It was kinda cool bopping badniks as a monitor though.

6. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

I'm sorry, it may just be me, but I felt that the new ending theme was clumsily remixed. Please consider making a new one, preferably like what I have below:

Sonic 3 OSV
    S&K OSV

Play clips in this order:
    Sonic & Knuckles Credits (2:35-2:47)
    Mushroom Hill Act 2 (latter half of the clip played in the original S&K medley)
    Angel Island Act 1 (current clip)
    Hydrocity Act 2 (current clip)
    Ice Cap Act 2 (1:10-1:24)
    Lava Reef Act 1 (clip played in the original S&K medley)
    Launch Base Act 1 (0:40-1:02, sped up for time)
    Flying Battery Act 1 (0:26-0:41)
    Sandopolis Act 2 (0:08-0:22)
    Marble Garden Act 1 (0:43-1:00)
    Sky Sanctuary (0:45-0:58)
    Sonic & Knuckles Credits (2:28-2:34)
    Sonic 3 Game Complete (current clip, transposed up 2 keys)

7. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    For what it's worth, it's not "new" as such, it's taken directly from the 0517 beta.

I agree that it's a very long way from perfect, but I'm not a talented musician or mixer, nor have I thus far dug any further into SMPS editing than copying the music from the beta, so I wouldn't expect to see anything soon in that respect at least - unless someone talented feels like donating a complete SMPS piece. :)

That order looks quite reasonable, albeit only playing clips rather than actually hearing it stitched together, but I'd rather persist the current credits intro clip than bring in the Sonic & Knuckles finale clip as a new intro, and to include so many other zones it'd probably be prudent to reduce the amount played of each track - the current version is already longer than the S&K version and only just fits into the credits scene, though it could probably be retimed if absolutely necessary. And Sandopolis 2 can die in a fire, nobody wants to remember that. :)

8. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life

I do. :flunked:

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

Sandopolis 2 is awesome. The only bad part about it in my opinion is the sand slide puzzle. Otherwise, I think it's one of the most creative levels, incorporating puzzles, timed switches, and speed in between.

10. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I liked Sandopolis 2. What I didn't like is that it's the only level where "Sonic blows ass because all he has is that stupid spinning airstrike move that sucks balls, The End."

...Because neither Tails nor Knuckles ever have to worry about the sand. They can fly/climb/glide to avoid having to use it. Damn them.

11. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    You mean something like this?

Yeah, it might be not as proffesional as it could have been, and the beginning actually bugs me, but I did what you asked for, so...

12. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

I appreciate it. Hm, looks like I'm going to have to fix the ordering a bit. Although Sky Sanctuary to the end turned out just as I hoped. Thanks.

Credits Intro (current clip)
    Angel Island Act 1 (current clip)
    Mushroom Hill Act 1 (0:28-0:44)
    Hydrocity Act 2 (0:00-0:15)
    Lava Reef Act 1 (clip played in the original S&K medley)
    Ice Cap Act 2 (1:10-1:24)
    Marble Garden Act 1 (0:43-1:00)
    Sandopolis Act 1 (0:08-0:22)
    Launch Base Act 1 (0:40-1:02, slightly sped up for time, pause at the end cut out)
    Flying Battery Act 1 (0:26-0:41)
    Sky Sanctuary (0:45-0:58)
    Sonic & Knuckles Credits (2:28-2:34)
    Sonic 3 Game Complete (current clip, transposed up 2 keys)

Effexor, if you're up for doing a second arrangement, feel free.

13. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Did I say how awesome this is yet? Because I thought I did.

Whatever, this project is everything I've ever dreamed from Sonic 3K and more.

Thank you.

14. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I agree 100% with this person.

I mean, seriously, originally my dream was simply to play S3K without the annoying "& KNUCKLES" written everywhere. This has done that, and yet, it even included more things I could never even think of, such as putting Knuckles MHZ cutscene in AIZ.

I swear, I bet Tiddles is secretly the lead programmer for Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.

15. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Badabing.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't see what's wrong with the current remix. It's as official as you can get, and after all this hack is trying to stick to the official sources while polishing them.

17. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

Well, the official one is missing a lot of zones from Sonic & Knuckles, so it doesn't feel very "complete".

Effexor, keep working on those transitions, especially from Angel Island to Mushroom Hill and Launch Base to Flying Battery.

18. This might be missing the point of this hack somewhat but I thought I'd ask it anyway.

Would it be possible to extend Hidden Palace over 2 levels. So we go from Lava Reef Act 2 into the normal hidden palace and then get to a point on the normal hidden palace where you get taken to Hidden Palace from Sonic 2 except updated slightly and I dunno, just a crazy little suggestion, as that always annoyed me how Lava Reef Act 2 and Hidden Palace were really just the same level split into sections.

Just a crazy idea :D
    Either way I like the idea of this hack as it is kind of like a revision/original Sonic 3C mixup.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So did the remix in Sonic 2, and it's officially complete.

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    But the one we have is definitely unfinished and unpolished.