don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well it was the 360 build in the video so I couldnt have been a mii, which wouldnt make sense, as the mii is a 3d avatar and this is a 2d game using prerendered 2d sprites. and it said "avatar award unlocked" or something along the lines of that

2. The engine is bad.

But the game will bring a smile to my face when I play it, so it will be doing its job. Let's hope episode 1 sells like gangbusters and they get a bigger budget, or they listen to our concerns and we see a great episode II.

3. I agree, the physics SEEM a little floaty, but they have 3 or 4 months to fix it, and I am not perfectly sure about the jump physics because I have not played the game myself, so I don't know how well the reaction time to the button press,but the game looks plum beautiful, and it could be that they make the HA use a diferent button, like sonic rush, rather than you have to spam the jump button, a la sonic adventure series.

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I never said you couldn't make judgements where you saw enough cause, I just said to exercise restraint. Particularly in light of it not being the final product, there are certain issues (such as the physics issues) where such restraint would actually be prudent at this point. It's true that other aspects (aesthetics, music, the "remix" theme of the game) can be more or less accurately evaluated now and that evaluation wouldn't change overmuch come summer. Other aspects, such as object placement and the finer points of the physics, may actually be improved, maybe even as a direct result of criticism. "Judgement" in those cases should probably wait 'til the game comes out and we have hands-on time with the game ourselves, at least in demo form.

5. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Might I suggest moving any new leaks that spring into the oldbie/tech lounge? You'd get a better response to them there and you wouldn't have to just delete them, so it would serve the interests of archive much better than stifling leaks.

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Actually, I think there was a specific mention of one-button gameplay somewhere in one of the articles or interviews.

But it does appear that Super Sonic's transformation trigger isn't on the jump button anymore, which is actually kind of a relief. In Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 it was kind of hard not to transform if you didn't want to. Now I know I can play the game normally without deliberately ignoring the Chaos Emeralds. =D

(I think, anyway.)

7. you know, that would have made a good use of all 3 buttons on the genesis controller one for a jump, one for super form, and one for another move, though it wouldn't feel the same

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Changing the jump physics cannot be done, because it changes how the game is played, and some levels depend on that very jump to work and not bug out.

The way the jump looks so floaty might have to do with the spin animation, as it looks off center somehow.
    We can see in the leaked Splash Hill that the jump was improved from Sonic Rush's terrible short jump mirror gravity WHATEVER to call it.
    I think the only way to know if the jump is good enough it to play the game.

9. well what is your opinion about the idea of changing the slope tile shapes?

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I always used the C button. The A and B buttons were weird for me.

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    If you are talking about adjusting the physics of the slope tiles, it shouldn't affect the level layout much at all. So it is possible, but very unlikely!
    Katsuya Kuramoto, the programmer for Sonic 4 worked on Sonic Advance, so the original physics shouldn't have been far away. The scary part is that the Sonic Rush engine is so different from the original games, just by designing the game for 3D (3D models instead of sprites).

12. ni I mean making the slopes in S4 more like the slopes in emerald hill, where there isnt a curve on the top soniclevchange.jpg

you know this spot in EHZ, where it ends abruptly, like a ramp, there is no curve on the top, and you can walk up it, but it will then push you down without the right momentum
    what im saying, is why not just make the slopes like that?

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Since people seem to be clueless on this:

Every Xbox 360 has a customisable Avatar associated with it. Along with the basic clothing shared by all Avatars of a particular gender, other clothes can be bought from the Marketplace, or earned by playing games.

Completing 'Splosion Man, for example, awards a 'Splosion Man T-shirt. Completing Halo 3: ODST awards ODST armour for your Avatar to wear.

I thought this was common knowledge, but apparently not. I wonder what the award is, though. Perhaps you can dress as Sonic Man? A Robotnik outfit? Sonic shoes? A moustache? Time will tell.

14. ah, thanks for clearing that up, I was confused as I don't have a 360, by brother is the one that does. oh well, that would have been cool to see classic sonic or something in it, but hey new games must use the newer designs.

15. There's a rumor of a Sonic mask and Sonic costume. There is an image of what is supposed to be the Sonic costume leaked.

16. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    You can't imagine how close you were:
    [​IMG]

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can't imagine it'll look any worse than the Mii Outfits in Winter Olympic games.
    [​IMG]

18. wow, that reminds me of the early picture of the 'shopped sonic in the "how would you redesign sonic?" thread.... "jeez... I said he's chubby, not obese"

19. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    There are slopes like that, and Sonic will hug the air if he is launched off them, even if he was spinning. So he is vulnerable to attack no matter how he exits a slope ramp. But then there is the homing attack to save the day and make anyone happy? :v:

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    There's nothing to say there won't be more - H3ODST had six. So I'm still holding out for a Robotnik outfit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.