don't click here

FUCK YOU IT'S CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Great now I can't see the damn thread I was looking for.

Anyway if this is for real you guys are fooling yourself. That's like me saying I'm going to change my name to Jesus that will make me a better person. Give me a break. Did anyway really get what the first post was about? It left be rather confused. Oh well I'm just glad I never put to much faith in this place.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The site just went down for a couple of minutes for me.

3. CyberKitsune

CyberKitsune

Never enough time. Member
    aaaaaaaaa
    Yeah I'm hoping this is just the annual April 1st joke and Sonic Retro will be 100% back in 24 hours, including the General Sonic Discussion forum, or I know many (not just me) will be pissed.

But I can agree with SS when she says the Sonic 4 shit is out of hand, there is a point for everything and that topic defiantly is past the point, but I'd rather have a "Gone too far Sonic 4 topic" than no Sonic at all.

-CK

In other news, how about dem frogs.

4. Deef

Deef

Boring April Fool's joke is boring.

5. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    To everyone whining about no Sonic:

Another Sonic website will pop up for you guys to migrate to. It happened with Sonic CulT and it'll happen again.

Provided, of course, that this isn't an April Fools joke. I've decided that it might just be a publicity stunt to advertise the new Sega Retro wiki, combined with trying to get everyone to smarten the fuck up through scare tactics.

I'll be sad if it's a joke, to be totally honest.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Oh, of course! Your usual complaining thread is gone.

I'm hoping this isn't the annual April 1st joke. It's about time the site expanded, and since there's been a server upgrade recently, now would be a good time to do it.

7. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    [​IMG]

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Because we don't like the change? Excuse us for having an opinion on the matter. :colbert:

In b4 "YOU JUST CAN'T ACCEPT CHANGE GTFO"

9. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    I wouldn't be so upset if the didn't feel the need to deactivate forums. That just pisses me off.

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    They already explained that they're working on it.

11. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    One question, why not just pull out the good old semi-auto banhammer and get rid of the retards. I for one can say I don't give a fuck either way, but there is a lot of history in Sonic Retro

12. Bibin

Bibin

New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Oh, no - rather this is directed at those responsible for change. Honestly, if this is actually a real change, of all days, why pick April first?

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I find it hilarious that you've ditched all the Sonic-related forums because of the Sonic 4 thread, and yet left the Trash forum untouched, which is where most of the Sonic 4 thread is.

Just... sayin'...

14. Sparks

Sparks

I think I follow. I just think it's a little unfair some people think you have to either like the change or leave.

15. Rainer

Rainer

Personally I support Sega Retro.

I don't understand what's so hard about wanting to generalise a goal to fill a niche that previously didn't exist. Besides, the amount of information on Sonic is finite-- the only two options after we've sufficiently exhausted Sonic research and engineering are either to expand or fade into irrelevance. Refusing to evolve would result in stagnation and ultimately death of the community, while changing gives us a chance to avoid such a faith.

16. Bibin

Bibin

New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    It's like... it's like trying to cook burgers for someone. Kids complain the burgers are too rare, while other kids complain they are too well done. Solution? Throw the damn grill out and destroy everything. Bring in shitty veggie and/or psuedo-burgers and call it a solution!

Sega Retro's a great idea, but unless things are sorted well the mindless destruction of lots of research and excellent informative threads is ridiculous.

17. Sparks

Sparks

:psyduck:

I'm glad restaurants don't really do that.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I restored the Sonic forums for now in a read-only format. E&RE and community projects are currently free to post in.

19. RevFirst

RevFirst

Dohoho! It was all worth it just seeing this funny little pic.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Bah, you could have renamed the Trash to Toilet.. D:

Anyway, these april fools never cease to amaze me. I didn't know this day was so... special for some countries xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.