don't click here

Sonic Freerunner

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Azookara, Jan 23, 2010.

1. I did some work on the shadow. It functionates the same as the old one, but it looks like sonic this time. It also animates/turns when sonic animates/turns :

[​IMG]

I could make the shadow transparant, but because of this just being sonic's mesh scaled (so it's flat), that'll come out odd. Then it will look like this :

[​IMG]

Oh and I showed the "versions" in different animations, to show you guys it actually changes when sonic animates :eng101:

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wow, really awesome Carrierhack! :D I wasn't expecting being able to get in the shadow so well!

Well, that's one extra awesome accomplishment.

3. Bostwick

Bostwick

About the story:

The situation you have with Eggman stealing the emeralds you don't collect is great....but having Knuckles trade them to Eggman for money is terribly out of character. If anything that should be Fang.

However you could still fit Knuckles in there by having him trying to catch Fang who is in turn gathering up the emeralds that Sonic doesn't collect.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Late reply.

You're fucking retarded. Polls is what would have saved Project: Sonic Retro. When you make a poll you have a final decision, no "Hur dur I think it should be changed". You have a final choice, no turnbacks. It makes no arguments. I swear this project will never go anywhere with you as a leader.

Make a poll, stop arguing about small details, and let people choose what they want to see in a game.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Dude, what's with the useless personal attacks? Stuff is getting done, and it's all behind closed doors that aren't allowed to be looked in until later by the general public. To say we are getting nowhere is pretty retarded in itself, if you ask me. To say just because I've decided beforehand behind the crowd of followers that there would be two different kinds of skins (modern & classic) that I'm completely indecisive is completely ridiculous.

And I have considered polls many times, but really who's leading the project here? But then again, moaning will ensue, and I'd rather not tolerate it. Now I may ask again: which close family member of yours did I murder?

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

It's not a personal attack, I'm just pointing out you are not fit to lead a game. You have no idea what you are doing. Also, the "moaning" would not happen with a poll, because then you say "No fuck you, the people picked it, it's staying".

Also I swear you aren't indecisive. Every single model people made(I remember 4.) Someone makes a model, you say it is perfect, then 5 minutes later another model is made and you say it's perfect, then that repeats. Also you decided you want Unleashed Sonic, then Classic Sonic Photoshop, Sonic Jam Sonic, then both Sonic's.

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    The category of "perfect" to me fits to a certain style; each to their own style I suppose (the collab from Retro was the best classic model I'd ever seen at that point, Jez's fit perfectly as one to 100% represent classic Sonic, and Ath's perfectly represented a classic Sonic in a more parkour-centric and athletic fashion [the direction I purely noticed at that moment was needed for the game]). And like I said before, modern and classic as a choice in skins was planned since the beginning, but it wasn't included in the original draft I included as the first post, and wasn't edited until much later whenever I actually had the time to not worry about actual game progress and edit the OP.

And life tends to get people mixed up sometimes. Being in an (incredibly) close relationship to schoolwork to many other outside problems have led me to be rather scatterbrained for a good bit of the start of this project. After a while I've tended to improve and things are getting more organized by the second. I guess it wasn't exactly the right time for me to post about this fangame with all that's going on in my personal life, but getting people for the game needed to be done; as it had been put off for a rather long time. If it wouldn't have happened, would the project have got anywhere? Absolutely not. Some progress is better than little to none, which "some progress" has definitely been the case.

8. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I'm going to have to agree with Polygon Jim here, at this point. When do I get to do my job? When is there going to be a solid decision as to what exactly we're doing? If that doesn't happen any time soon, I really don't think I can participate with this project anymore (EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T YET), this is really getting ridiculous. I'm not going to animate a model that we're not even going to use.

And seeing as I agree with Polygon Jim, a poll is a good idea.

9. I've lost most of my interest in helping with this game, so I quit. If you want to, you can still use the model I made (although I heard it was starting to get doubted). If your not going to use the model then tell me (I have plans for it).

10. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I quit a while back, just noticed that I'm still on the roster. Someone mistook that statement for pure trolling, when in fact it was topical.

This is worse than Project Retro, being unable to even try to repair its flaws...

11. Impish

Impish

Well I can see the modeling side of everything has fallen to shambles. I'll stick with you Azukara, but I think you need to to start caring more about the important stuff like models and level design and project co-ordination and stop caring about why the fuck knuckles wants money.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wow you guys. Really? Just bailing out like that?

And that's cool, Impish. I didn't wanna stay on the topic of stories anyways. :P I've been trying to go back to the gameplay route for the past while.

Ok then. Please lock until further notice. Game's going back to private. We'll be back.

Toodleloo~

13. Impish

Impish

Yeah, that might be for the best. I has an idea about project comunication im gonna run past you Azukara.
    @below O com on guys, I lol a little but that's just ott.

14. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX
    After I finish doing the Sonic texture that I promised to do, I have no plans to work on the project anymore as well.

15. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I wanna jump on the bandwagon too, so I'm quitting again.

16. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Not really, just pointing out what you didn't realize, it would seem.

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yes, it definitely is for the best. Organization is something that hasn't been happening, and it was way past due the time I put my foot down. The only reason this topic was made in the first place was to get attention for it and gain momentum (pun intended). It's not my "indecisiveness" that led to this dealio going down, it was everybody trying to add critique to it all at the same time and trying to change things around at the same time that we couldn't get anything done and we sat in still water. Storyline over something silly like Knuckles being used as a simple humor trick shouldn't take up several pages for no reason. So yes this is going back to 100% private. We'll be working on something to show that'll impress as much as pelikan13's fangame. :v:

So yeah, lock this plz. And really why are you guys gonna leave? Because of the lack of progress? Looky here, there wouldn't be any progress if you guys didn't do anything would it :v:

Repeating myself; lock. :>

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hey, just popping in... since you very much just lied about making this project 100% private and instead just decided to make your own message board for the project, I'm opening this topic back up. No need to keep our members here from talking about it if they please.

20. Tidbit

Tidbit

To be honest, I've lost faith in this project. I mean alot of good suggestions were blatently ignored, like making a poll so something like this wouldn't happen, people kept focusing on the story instead of much more important factors like level desdign,modeling,physics and staff. Thats why so many people just left. Because people who thought that they would be placed about the random suggestionist were placed below them and were neglected. This project shouldn't go private, but instead needs to be taken control of. Community projects aren't just something you can throw around and think that it'll all be alright. You can never place people who aren't on your team above your staff who have been nice enough to help out, and you can't just take any body in, like you have. earlier tons of people just posted models they made an you said "your in!". and then when somebody came along with a better model that actually didn't look like crap (such as the one I liked many pages ago), and the one you chose wasn't even up to specs in many peoples opinion, which is why there should've been a poll. don't take this as a hate message Im just saying what you need to do....again.