don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the Dreamcast game Daytona USA 2001 has samples in it that sound strikingly similar, if not the same as, the ones from Sonic 3. Specifically, the mini-boss tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgULkOt-J9I#t=1m45s
    (It won't let me embed it, for some odd reason)

2. Ok, my computer is awful. I can't get on my sister's computer because it's out of charge and I don't have a goddamn clue where the charger is. I at least think I grabbed a savestate, which I'll upload. Might make a video tomorrow.

The change is subtle, you might need to listen to the normal version first. Maybe I was just getting bored of waiting and started imagining a change.

...Ok, what the hell is the difference? I don't even know if what I have is right anymore.

3. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    I thought it was a coincidence myself, has it been confirmed that SEGA did intend that then? :psyduck:

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I thought that was the penultimate reason his name was changed in America; to evade lawsuits. Sorta like how they did with SCD's Japanese/European OST (many songs were sampled).

Of course the first main reason being that they probably also thought it wasn't manly enough for dark and gritty America.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Um... I didn't hear anything different. But it could be that it's the PAL version, which is slower than the NTSC version and I'm used to the NTSC version because I live in America... or you were imagining things...

6. I really was. What a waste of time.

7. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
  8. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    If you frameskip using an emulator it takes like 5.

All it is is that there's an extra chime in certain parts of the music. It sounds louder than the rest of the song and sounds a tad off-key to me. If you can't be bothered to wait 47 minutes to hear it, you're really not missing much haha.

9. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    In the MS/GG version of Sonic 2, if you beat the game without all the Chaos Emeralds, then the credits play creepy music, and at the very end it suggests that Tails had been killed by Dr. Eggman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQZOh2faww
    I saw that video, and I didn't really believe it, so I beat the game in Gems Collection just to see if it's true.

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Honestly, I didn't initially think it meant Tails had died. I thought Sonic just hadn't saved him yet.

11. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    This is Robotnik we're talking about. The worst that would have happened to Tails is getting shoved inside a robotic crab.

Seriously, though. The second song is pretty cool; aren't this and Chaotix the only times there's a different credits theme depending on Chaos Emerald (Chaos Ring) collection?

This is pretty obscure knowledge, I still have yet to find a soundtrack rip that includes both versions of the credits. :colbert:

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I remember someone mentioning that the Sonic 1 Special Stages were based off an old arcade game.

Does anyone know the name of that arcade game?

13. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Cameltry. I first heard that here.

14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Re: the Sonic 2 GG/MS ending.

The good ending and the bad ending use two different songs in the Game Gear version, but they play the same song in the Master System version. Interestingly enough, the other song is still present in the Master System ROM, but it's not used. You can get it to play via hacking of course.

Once again, welcome to 2004. Man, my English used to suck back then... And lol at me hosting files on the webspace of a volleyball team :3

15. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I don't get how that bad ending song is supposed to be "creepy". It sounds as cheery as any other tune to me.

What.

In the good ending, both Sonic and Tails look up, and both appear in the sky. Does that mean they're killed off-screen while the camera pans?

16. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  18. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Apologies if this has already been said:
    [​IMG]

:v:

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

WTF? Could you explain that one?

20. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I was on the ledge with the spinning pole, then the pole drags you down. However it's one of those bugs S3K didn't fix. :P