don't click here

Future Mario & Sonic and sequel Sonic Heroes games confirmed?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dusk Golem, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

In retrospect, you picked a great color for that "Extra" character. Silver fit the bill! Your other take on this logo is amazing. I need to learn Photoshop.

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Having unlockable alternate costumes would kick ass.

Oh man, I'd kill for a team consisting of Metal Sonic, Eggrobo, and Metal Knuckles.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    If they insist upon multi-character play (which sucks ass IMO), they should do it as a tag-team challenge like in s3k: the challenges, where you switch characters, but the non-active characters go off screen when not being played. Also, they should build off the adventure gameplay engine again, renderware fucked everything up.

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    What's the extra formation?

5. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I seriously don't get the love for 'Heroes. The stages were bland and repetitve, the plot was just weird "Oh Sonic you don't love me so Imma beat the fuck out of you with my giant hammer", fugly plastic character models and don't get me started on the pants main theme. I was so fed up of the controls/camera/engine fucking up and throwing me into one of Sonic Team's Giant Bastard Death Pits Of Hell™ that it became the first Sonic game that I just couldn't be arsed to finish. I never made it past Rail Canyon. And teamwork? Fuck that, Sonic's a lone wolf, if he was so obsessed with friends Sonic 4 would be about him getting married to Amy and sending pictures of his balls to Cream over Bebo.

[/rant]

*Coughs* Essentially, in my humble opinion, if the first one was anything to go by, Sonic Heroes 2=baaad idea.

6. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    +2 but I will like if they implement a nice online co-op... like LEGO games for example...

7. Sonic Heroes 2... um.... sure.

I didn't really like heroes. Not too excited if this is real.

8. LevelSelect

LevelSelect

My only gripe with Sonic Heroes was that it lacked multiplayer ability for the main game. Shadow the Hedgehog had it, but only in some instances. I could see a second Sonic Heroes working well though.

9. Søda the Junker

Søda the Junker

WE MAKE THE DREAMS COME TRUE Member
    *5 Project Multi-Tasking*
    If they want to attempt a second Sonic Heroes, I'll give them a fair shot. Just played the game recently after a loooooooong time, and it still has an interestingly fun feel to it, despite some obvious flaws.

And man, those special stages HHHHNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHH

10. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I didn't like Sonic Heroes myself, but I loved the idea. I had dreamed of playing as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles cooperatively ever since S3&K, but the execution in this game was a bit bad. I feel it would be a hell of a lot better if the individual characters had their gameplay fleshed out a bit more. I could really ad a better sense of variety. for example, there could be a prison stage where your team is locked up individually so you have to bust out and rescue then individually.

Also the ability to break away from the team at will would be a good way to keep your solo abilities accessible. I hope your listening SEGA. =P

Swim >_<

My character was water based so I tried to fit it in, but after laying out the gameplay mechanics while on land it ended up being sort of an all around formation. The general traits of the formaion was that it was a bit faster than Power, the characters could vector upwards (think Vector's double jump form Chaotix) and it could rapid fire the teammates while running (kind of like guns in ShtH). Of course these abilities are enhanced while underwater.

I had planed for my char, Vector, Chaos 0, and Fang to be this formation's leaders.

I could go on, but this isn't the place dump childhood dreams... :v:

11. Well, if they do make a Heroes 2...

Let's hope they don't stuff the levels with shitloads of pointless dialogue!

12. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Speaking of which... That reminds me... The new Alice in Wonderland game had a system similar to what you speak of. Whenever you switch characters, they pop in and out in a puff of smoke.

And yes, it's badass.

With the same idea, it would be cool to see Knuckles drill into and out of the earth to become playable or give the other charcter the reins. Sonic can just zoom in and out as he pleases, and Tails would just fly in.

Still, Heroes 2? Future Mario and Sonic title? Um..... Sayger... Why does it sound like you're not even trying now? These games... They're so... manufactured and lack any spunk or quality...

Well, that's it. I'm holding off on buying any Sayger games at the time being. Get your fucking act together.

13. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    "In one corner you've got Mario & Sonic franchise,"
    Hmmm... this actually further hyped me into that whole Sonic in Mario Galaxy 2 rumor... unless you guys here at Sonic Retro already disproved it and I haven't been paying attention.

"in the next you've got Sonic The Hedgehog."
    Sonic 4 and stuff... that's cool.

"Then you've got the All-Stars - that's pretty much everybody."
    Sonic and all them unnecessary characters... all I ask is that you make said games fun.

"Then you've got something we haven't seen for a while, which is like Sonic Heroes, multiplay-type game. "
    Sonic Heroes is unjustly in my top 5 list of Sonic games. I would love to see a Sonic Heroes 2, and outside of the obvious technical stuff (camera, collision detection, etc.) I have my own idea that I think would work great with Sonic Heroes 2.
    - choosing the characters for your team as opposed to having four static teams. That would definitely cut out on the level repetition.
    - 2 character tag team instead of 3. Stages would have varying branches that would require speed, power, or flight formation, but if you didn't have a flight, speed, or power character in your team, you couldn't do anything about it, kinda like Sonic Advance 3 but on a grander scale.
    - ability for characters to break away from the team and go solo for certain portions of the level. That way, you'd get to see some of the characters special abilities.
    - different enemies, not similar enemies with different weapons. lol
    - edit: oh yeah, and the option to shut the characters up. While I loved hearing Knux say "There's more?" and Espio say "Proceed with caution, and be careful not to fall," after a while, it's not cute anymore. Shut up.

14. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    For a moment, I though of a "Psychic" formation.

15. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Comments in bold. or Imagery.
    Seriously, I think this may be a game for you to try out, MarkoMan.
    [​IMG]

16. I'm quite pleased that there may be a sequel for Sonic heroes. Sure it had its faults but it had good potential. Not to mention it had some good luls and Amy up skirt shots for your perverts. Yes they did talk to much and yes some parts of the level design were very gay, and yes the physics were ass, and yes they looked like they have swam in some kind of oil and got very shiny because of it, but I liked the concepts. The level zones were 'cliche' but still had uniqueness to them.

Just a little co-op, less of a recycled feel between characters, (Maybe do something a little more like Sonic 06—while the actual layout was reused, have it reversed or something—to give it a different feel)

17. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    I just realized. Knuckles Chaotix was the original Sonic Heroes. A mass of original and returning characters (both the known and the obscure) that are grouped together for no real reason. While there is colorful surreal art and different themes for each one, all levels basically play the same. This is because with so many characters, despite with different abilities, have to all finish the same level and in has to be possible with all combinations.

Maybe that is why the Chaotix (Vector, Espio, Charmy) were included in Heroes. Heroes was a spiritual sequel of Chaotix.

However, there WERE different paths some teams could go in in some select levels, namely Team Dark and Team Chaotix.

18. I really didn't care for Heroes, but if they did it right it could be really fun.

19. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    It is an easy typo to make, but I wonder if it was on purpose.

20. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

Yeah, I thought that the whole Sonic Heroes = Chaotix 2 thing was a given.

Now unfolds the great Sonic Heroes 2/Chaotix 3 naming scheme debate.

I really fancy titling this genre of Sonic the "Chaotix Series." ---whether or not the games actually use the name.

Where has Team Chaotix been since Shadow the Hedgehog? I never beat the game so I never saw where they ran off to....if it's ever shown at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.