don't click here

Favourite Sonic Game Gear/Master System game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by VB.NET, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Tails Adventure was good, but I can't help but feel it would have worked better on a higher scale console, not just for cosmetics like the others, but the button layout limiting the number of utilities you can use at once. Switching between weapons one at a time is a bit tedious and some items seem pointless when you have to switch around all the time. There seems little point in using speed up ability if all of five steps later you need to pause and switch again just so you can attack an enemy. Having the Mega Drive's three buttons would at least have allowed you to customise a layout for two similtaneous abilities and even have a neat manner of customization.

2. Leonard the Genie

Leonard the Genie

Prices aren't the only thing getting slashed Member
    Does Tails' Adventure count? :eng101:

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  4. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    My favorite one is, without a doubt, Sonic 2. The levels are so different from usual sonic, but so sonic-y at the same time. Also, the music is the best in the series. And Silver sonic has to be the best nemesis sonic has had EVER.
    And I never found it that hard, I finished it with all emeralds ( no, I didn't use the cheats) back when I was 6. And I'm 23 now.
    God, I love that game...It's my favorite in the series. I even have scrambled egg zone music as my cell phone ringtone!

5. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble are equally my favorite games for G.G.

I always felt Sonic Chaos was the 'Sonic CD' of Game Gear Sonic games.

6. NTom64

NTom64

Sonic 1 and Sonic Chaos.

But if I had to pick just the one, I'd go with...well, Sonic 1. My first Sonic game, and first game period (if you don't count accidentally turning on the Master System without a cartridge and Alex Kidd booting up).

Oh Bridge Zone, how I love thee.

7. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I liked Sonic Chaos the most. The level art gives it a feel that, if made into a Genesis port, it could potentially feel like somewhat of a sequel to Sonic CD. I love how getting 100 Rings lets you bypass the level and enter a side-scrolling special stage. No other Sonic games has EVER attempted to do that (Besides half of Triple Trouble), and I really hope to see it done when Sonic 1 Extended Edition is released.

The Gamegear version of Sonic Chaos has the more superior tune of Gigalopolis too. Although it might have a smaller screen on the Gamegear.

8. FireStar

FireStar

The ultimate lurker
    Pretty much all of em' rock, except Sonic Blast, which felt like a waste of talent(imagine if Aspect actually tried to make it better/as good as Triple trouble) and Sonic labyrinth due to horrible execution. Sonic triple trouble I can't actually say much for since I only played the first act, but S1 was solid, S2 isn't bad with infinite lives via game genie, and since its the only 8-bit sonic I've beat so far its my favorite. Sonic chaos is awesome by being the first you can fly as tails in and starting being on par with the genesis titles, and Tails adventure/s was a cool game too and had an interesting item switch method. The port of spinball wasn't bad and kept me entertained on a long airplane ride the whole time. Personally I think of Sonic 2 being like a spinoff sorta like CD, and sonic chaos being the real 8-bit S2.

9. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Sonic Labyrinth.

Nah, just kidding. Sonic 1 SMS. Nice 8-bit recreations of some of the original zones, awesome new zones, and absolutely amazing music by Yûzô Koshiro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.