don't click here

Sonic & Knuckles on Wii Virtual Console

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 87th, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The PS360 one is called the "Ultimate Genesis/Mega Drive Collection".

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Yes and it was the one I was on about, if someone thought I meant an older collection then I am sorry.

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    It was a semantics argument. The GCN/PS2/Xbox collection is called "Sonic Mega Collection (+)"

Hence why they thought you meant that one when you said Mega Collection.

4. I always wanted to ask, and I figure now is the time to do this.... Between the Sonic Mega Collection versions on GCN and PS2 (played on PS3) which is better in terms of sound, sprites and just overall presentation. I have my money on the GCN version.... I do own both..

Also does Sega have any plans to patch the supposed "ultimate" Genesis Collection for the PS3/360 to allow S&K lock-on? It just adds insult to injury when you read about S&K it mentions in the bio this game has a lock-on feature and yet you cannot lock on.

And one more..... Any plans for Sega releaseing Sonic 1, 2, 3 and S&K with lock-on onto PSN? I really like the D-pad on the dualshock 3 and it would just be really nice to play these games perfectly on PS3. Maybe when Sonic 4 comes out?

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I have the xbox version. Does either of the versions you listed above have the deal where you have to manually resize the screen? In the xbox version, clicking one of the sticks (I think the right one) either zooms in or zooms out the image.

I plan on getting Sonic 4 for the PS3, provided it's not significantly worse in any capacity, simply because THIS:

[​IMG]

Works beautifully on the PS3.

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    That's cool, though I already have this like 4 times over. If I ever feel like getting Sonic & Knuckles, AGAIN, I'll get it on the Virtual Console. Better d-pad than 360 and all.

7. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Well, anyone homebrew enabled have this? I can't find a dump anywhere :v:

(I'm not paying for this game for the 124987529th time.)

8. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    I'll send ya a PM soon. Gotta find the link.

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I sure as hell did.

And then when I checked my bank account, there were two $10 transactions from the Wii Shop Channel. I guess it still went through when I gave it the wrong address the first time. Fuck.

10. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    Blue Sphere only checks the first few bytes of the header, so theoretically locking onto any other binary is possible.

This brings to mind some interesting possibilities.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Problem is, it'll only generate a stage under certain circumstances - iirc if it doesn't see a valid Mega Drive ROM header it'll just default to being S&K.

12. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    Anyone bought S&K on Wii and did NOT buy the other three Sonic games? Do you still get the lock-on menu?

I bought Sonic 1, 2, 3, 3D Blast and Spinball a while ago, so I can't check...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.