don't click here

Sonic 1 Mastery for Neophytes

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SamplingMasters Nix, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Sonic Retro: Where we generally haven't played the retro Sonic games. :psyduck:

2. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    Why shouldn't you/they have access the E&RE threads? You can actually learn from them quite much.

@Jay: I lol'd. :v:

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Re: the two posts above
    Retrieved from Quickman.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Who said anything about having to master these games before being allowed on this forum? All Blanche said was that you should've played these games.

Get your facts straight.

5. I'm trying to say, if you don't master the classics, then what good is it for you to make hacks on games you have not mastered yet? I guess this kind of renders the whole thing redundant, now that I've realized this is starting to get political.

Listen, if you have not mastered Sonic 1, that is fine, there is nothing to be ashamed about being a Sonic Neophyte. However, if any of you still think game mastery matters to be a hacker, well, you would be partially right. You would have to play the games to understand them, but to be a completist about it is just a whole different story. I don't even know why I made this thread anymore.

Mods, I think this thread is useless from this point forward. So, just archive it, because I want this to be lesson to all members. Never place labels on members who can't do things like complete a game that's almost two decades old, because that will make them feel bad about themselves, especially the hackers, because if some guy never completed Sonic 1 and someone makes fun of him, that person is going to get hurt, and eventually put his progress on what could have been the "hack of the year", to a grinding halt.

6. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Just gonna say, I've never played Sonic 1/2 + - GG   .

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    In regards to the attitude of "master this shit before you hack it", I'd say it's only really applicable for layouts and custom bosses; playable things. You really don't need to be able to blitz the levels like a veteran to code features or draw art; although considering the difficulty in getting a successful team effort together, being a one-man-band is almost inevitable.

So it can't hurt to get playing that shit. ;)

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Why would anyone even bother with hacking to begin with when they haven't already exhausted the original games? What's the sense in seeking replayability in a game you haven't finished yet? And why would you even suggest studying maps to get through a game over basic trial and error, you know, the method that sufficed for every person who ever finished a Sonic game? Are you trying to coax someone's grandmother through this?

Your intentions were pure, but your plan was retarded.

9. Well, if by retarded meaning redundant, then yeah, it is what you said. Of course, my intention was to find an intergrated approach to master Sonic 1. One that works through the use of gameplay footage aided with commentary and telestrator diagrams. Yet, this is, also, redundant. One surefire stratagy that can improve your gameplay is to memorize the position and movement patterns of the badniks. By doing so, you are less likely to make mistakes, because you need to understand where the badniks are coming from. "Expect the unexpected", is the main approach against badniks.

10. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I know it's pretty much been said before, but I'll give it you from my own perspective - it would kind of defeat the point of Sonic Retro, wouldn't it?

11. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    If only there was a quiz or something that weeded out the hardcore from the weak... oh right!

12. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    While you're at it, would you mind directing me to some cross-section diagrams of the human throat? I've been having trouble breathing. Some CG fly-throughs and pie charts might help you get your point across.

I love this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.