don't click here

Which classic Sonic game are you worst at?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skeledroid, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo-Tails

Turbo-Tails

By: HighCaliburFun
    Lemme guess, you figured out you could spindash at a downslope at the bottom of the underwater double helix, then let go and jump right at the top of the slope. That always works for me, though I don't have to. It would spring you so high if you did it, pushing you through the water and onto the floor.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Simple... If I don't like a game, I don't play it very much, and therefore I don't become skilled at it. So I'm not good at Sonic CD... I played it only as much as I needed to get the good ending (I had a goal to get the good ending in all the main Sonic games), but that's pretty much it.
    For the same reason I'm better at Sonic 3 than I am at Sonic & Knuckles.
    I still consider my overall playing skill to be over the average, though. I know some people who don't even know "how do u get yellow sonci?"

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Sonic CD. That game is why God created savestates.

4. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    This

For the classic 7 games, my skill ranks are K>2>3K>2K>3>1>CD.
    I've put more time into S&K alone than all the other 6 options combined. But I played 2 as my first 16-bit game. The lack of a spindash still screws me up in the Original to this day, and I never owned a Sega CD/Mega CD, So I have near 0 practice in SCD.

5. McGuirk

McGuirk

The Egg-Man Cometh. Member
    Spinball, I utterly suck at Spinball. I've only beat The Machine once in my life, died at The Showdown (I believe it's called).

Runner up is 3D Blast. Never beaten it, and I suck at it as well.

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I can beat all of the games easily. However, Sonic CD's last three special stages are a pint in the arse. I have to use an analog controller for those, or I will fail miserably.

7. BigJosh

BigJosh

Toledo, Ohio
    Getting my life on track.
    To be honest, the only games I would say I suck at are Tail's adventure and Eggmans mean bean machine. Im not sure when they were released, but all sonic games from 1991 to sonic 3 and knuckles I have no issue with, even the game gear ones.

8. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    If we're just talking the legacy titles (1, 2, 3K, CD), the only problem I have is beating Sonic 2 with Knuckles. What a pain in the ass.

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The funny thing for me is the last one is actually pretty easy for me. It's the brown one that gives me the most trouble.

Out of the classics, Sonic 1 is probably the hardest for me because of Labyrinth Zone thanks to those spears that don't recede all the way into the walls.

10. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    You guys just suck at Sonic 2.

...though I'm bad at Sonic 2 as well. The difference is, the 8-bit one.

11. Kylegamer98

Kylegamer98

Forever Trial Member Member
    I've beaten 1,2, and 3 and Knuckles all in one sitting with every emerald multiple times. But I can't get more than 2 or 3 timestones on CD.
    So I guess I'm worst at Sonic CD.

12. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Hmm, this is a toughie. Unless you count Adventure as "classic" due to being over a decade old, this'll be a tough desision.

Many people say they hate Sonic 3D due to the awkward camera. I've always loved it, so I can't fault it.

The first two Master System Sonic games are pretty easy, but I have always got a little trouble on Sonic 1. Bit different than what I'm used too, and the jump seems a little floaty.

I don't really play Sonic Chaos as much as Triple Trouble, but then again, I don't play either too much either.

I barely ever play Chaotix, and I always get lost in the levels, but I enjoy playing it with my brother.

So with all the scenarios above, I guess the irony is that I suck the most with the Master System version of Sonic 1. How sad. XD

13. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Out of the "main series" (1,2,3,K,CD), I kick ass at all of them, zone-wise. That's what logging hundreds of hours will do. So it comes down to bosses and special stages, really.

Doomsday Zone gives me trouble, because the gameplay isn't based on standard Sonic physics (so you can't apply the same practise to it).

I'm worst at Sonic 2's special stages, they take too much memorisation; 1's and Blue Sphere are easy-peasy.

As for the others, I'd say Sonic 2 8-bit and Chaotix. Sonic 2 because, well, it's Sonic 2 - those bosses are insane. And Chaotix not so much because I can't beat it, but because there's absolutely no way to play it with finesse.

Why is there no single-character Chaotix hack? :argh:

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I have to say Sonic CD. It's one of my favourites, and I can complete it easily, but it's the only game that I can't get the "good ending" without savestates.

15. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Anything on Game Gear. I pretty much just don't like the games on Game Gear. Lousy fat piece of shit.

16. Nova

Nova

It's a pretty tough decision for me, but it's definitely not Sonic 2, Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles.

Sonic 1: I still have never completed it in one sitting with all six emeralds. It always takes me a continue, a save or quit-then-level select to bring me back to where I was. It's pretty much just Labyrinth Zone that causes the trouble.

Sonic 2: I can blaze through this extremely quickly - I have trouble with the emeralds these days but used to be able to get them all by Chemical Plant Zone Act 1 at the very latest. It's mainly because I don't really bother getting them on this game anymore.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Again, very easy for me to play through. The emeralds are no problem - even the blue super emerald poses no threat anymore.

Sonic CD: I do own this game, I just haven't played it very often. I've never got all of the Time Stones but the main game itself isn't that hard to begin with so I can blitz through it.

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I'm surprised at how many people couldn't complete SCD, because I've beaten that game over 12 times, and can usually beat it in 45 minutes. 0_o

I guess I have problems with Sonic 1 as well. To me the only really fun levels in the game are Green Hill, Spring Yard, Starlight and Scrap Brain (and Spring Yard is pushing it). The reason why I say that is because I usually lose interest and become bored with S1 as soon as I hit Marble Zone, and if I don't there, I usually do around the part of SYZ where you must sit there and slowly traverse across those platforms while getting frustrated about having to dodge Buzzbomber shots in short space while also trying to make it to the next platform (with short space on that because if you lag just barely you are squished). :argh:

That, and Labyrinth was another "d'oh, I is bored again, shut off game" moment, and the frustration/annoyance factor skyrocketed with the "boss" of that level. However, it seems I could only make a true playthrough of Sonic 1 when on a good day (because I'll usually just use Stage Select to go straight to SLZ or SBZ).

18. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Not counting the game gear titles, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, if only for the aforementioned special stages. Especially with Tails, since it seems like you have to prepare to jump certain bombs before they're even drawn on-screen.

19. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

I have Sonic Jam burned on my Sega Saturn, but my Sega Saturn isn't really compatible with my HDTV -- it looks like shit. Besides, I use the analog stick which is much better.

20. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Sonic CD and 2, though I like CD a lot while I have a lot of problems with 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.