don't click here

Which classic Sonic game are you worst at?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skeledroid, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

Which classic Sonic game are you worst at? I'm referring to the first Sonic through Sonic & Knuckles (including Sonic CD).

I would say without a doubt, I'm the worst at the first game. I just bought all the games on Xbox Live and I had to give up at Marble Zone. That game kicks my ass so hard -- but my first Sonic game was Sonic 2. It wasn't until much later into my Sonic love that I went back and played the first game.

2. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Sonic 2 probably. Its the only sonic game I can't beat without cheating/savestates

3. Sonic CD I guess. I lose my patience with some of the level designs plus I wasn't really much of a fan of it.

I can whiz through Sonic 2 as its the game which I played most of.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    This. I always have trouble beating Dr. Robotnik at the end. Also Sonic CD, because I didn't grow up with it. I just recently got it a few months ago. I can only beat it fully by inputting Debug Mode. >.> Also all the 8-bit games (besides Sonic Drift, that game was easy to beat).I haven't beat any of them, because I never played the 8-bit games until I unlocked them in Sonic Adventure DX.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sonic & Knuckles. I couldn't push myself to complete Flying Battery as-is, let alone Sandopolis or Lava Reef. The stages just felt a little tedious in that game compared to any other stages in the classic era. 2nd place would have to be Sonic 2, but only really because of Wing Fortress. I guess I just suck at the skybase levels. :\

And like said below, Sonic 2 GG. Nuff said. :argh:

6. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Sonic 2 Game Gear

7. I can get to the last boss of every Genesis/MD game, but I can only beat Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 honestly. I also suck at the special stages, I can only get all emeralds in Sonic 1, which has no Super Sonic, so I've never gone super without a cheat code. I guess the one that gives me more trouble is Sonic & Knuckles though.

On the SMS I only finished Sonic 1 and Sonic Chaos. Couldn't beat Sonic Blast (stuck at the last level) and I never really put any effort into Sonic 2, but I guess it's the hardest one for me. Never put any effort into Triple Trouble either, since I can only play it through emulation, and that's kind of a turn off for me.

8. I honestly don't have that much of a problem with those titles.

Growing up and playing them alot does that to you.

I beat both Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 in an hour.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is always fun to play though.

Sonic CD is fun...only beat it a few times...and not with the Emeralds/good future shit.

I have even beaten Sonic 3D Blast with all emeralds.

Only Sonic game I haven't beaten that I owned was Sonic 2 for the Game Gear. Damn Scrambled Egg...

9. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Sonic 2.

Why?

I can't fucking stand Oil Ocean. I get to that level and I have no desire to play any more.

10. Turbo-Tails

Turbo-Tails

I've been playing sonic for a while, and I have to say I'm probably worst at sonic 2 GG. Never, EVER beat the first level in my life, have no idea how to beat that first boss and had no desire to search up a Walkthrough/youtube vid. But you know talking about it now has me all riled up. I think I'm gonna DL a rom because I feel too lazy to get out my GC and play gems, LOL.

As for the oil ocean statement, I agree, though I myself have got past it, its such a boring and monotonous level, with no loops or spirals or anything of the sort, it was the straight platforming level, complete with monotonous music.
    ya know, despite what I said, I like it, its not that bad, the whole area and the idea of oil ocean is a fresh one I certainly havent seen before, which makes it all the more an interesting zone.

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    None of them give me any problems really.

Though I don't think I've every beat either S2 8bit or Knuckles Chaotix.

12. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

I've never had a problem beating them. My only hang up is getting all the emeralds in sonic 2. I only managed to beat the game with all emeralds once really long time ago. To do so I had to use a slow motion controller on the special stages. The rest of the games where never a problem.

13. Turbo-Tails

Turbo-Tails

What problems did you have in Knuckles Chaotix? Im curious because alot of people seem to have trouble with the repetitive stages. I thought KC was a great game with good controls and a great story/adventure. And the Repetitous levels didnt really bother me. It also introduced fresh new Zones that we "kinda" havent see since. Plus the awsome soundtrack makes the game a must have, well, that and the introduction of the most bad ass sonic characters (Before they ruined there looks, personalities, and more in heroes, oh and cut one of them out too).

14. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Sonic CD. I suck at this game (well, the second half of it anyways), largely due to the fact that I played it for the first time on Sonic Gems Collection.

15. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Sorry to inform you, but playing the classics on a 360 with a shit d-pad and through somewhat decent emulation is not the way to go. Try playing Sonic 1 with a Genesis or Saturn controller. ;)

In my prime, I could run through Sonic 2 in 45 minutes, but I was originally horrible at that game. If I managed to make it to Death Egg, I'd end up losing all of my lives and continues on Robo Sonic or the giant claw-shooting Robotnik.

Out of all of them, I'd say Sonic 3/Knuckles is the easiest because you can save and Sonic 3D Blast is the most difficult because of the awkward controls. Sonic Spinball got pretty difficult after the volcano level as well.

16. corneliab

corneliab

Uh, Sonic 2 definitely. The stages aren't really much of a problem, but the special stages just... argh. I hate them.

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    This. I can do 'em all until the final one now though, but I have NEVER in my life got all 7 emeralds in that game. :(

18. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    I played all the originals SO much, that I not only beat them, I pretty much memorized every act of every stage of every game. lol I beat Sonic 1, 2, 3, S&K, Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Spinball. I got to the point where I pretty much ran through them in a breeze. I think the most frustrating moment for me was the Act 2 of the Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2. Thre was the one part where the chemical level started to raise and you had to hurry and rush to the top before you ran out of air. I use to suck really bad at getting past that. I eventually got to the point where I figured out how to completely by pass the whole part. lol I'm pretty much hard-wired for those games now.

19. Level layout in Sonic CD was also my problem. There is just too much clutter which stops you from going to the past/future, and few straightaways. I always had to find some springs that bounce you back and forth because there was really no way to keep your speed up without running into some wall/block/badnik. Then to make matters worse, shit changes around when you do go past/future and then you're all "Well fuck, how do I get out of here now?".

20. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    To this day I have only ever been able to get the first 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.