don't click here

The 2nd Semi-annual Hacking Contest!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    If you want something else to worry about...

[​IMG]

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Uh... yeah, okay... um...

The chances of me winning any trophies at all are getting slimmer and slimmer. And they were pretty fucking slim to start with.

3. Kampfer

Kampfer

*Looks at pic of kick ass hack*

Shit... I'm not going down without a fight.

4. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    a bunch of ported graphics does not alone make a good game :P

5. BtCE

BtCE

I have something other than Sonic Destiny that is being entered.. Sonic Destiny is in Overhaul aswell, of course..

6. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    neither am I.

Attached Files:

7. Skaarg

Skaarg

I probably won't have anything worthwhile to enter but ya never know :P
    So far I'm going with Rika taking home the gold because I played his Sonic 2: Advanced Edit, (btw is it about finished yet cuz in the version I have there's only 3 or 4 levels) and where can find sonic 2 and knuckles: advanced edit and sonic 3 advanced edit?

8. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    :blink: Uhh, even with a level design on EHZ done that's made in Sonic Style, I stand no chance because I wouldn't have the time to get something done that is anywhere near that calibur. Maybe by the third hacking competition, but with a lack of time as it is, I definitely don't think any hack I could produce in the time before the deadline could pull off any type of win. I still want to judge though.

Good luck guys, this seems like it will pull in the best of the best...

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You idiot, Hivebrains hack is not all just ported graphics. He has hand drawn so much of that hack. He also had to master editing the mappings so that he could edit various things. He has edited much, much more besides the level graphics. Also, you do realize that his hack is of Sonic 1, right? And if you were talking about my hack, I am drawing all the levels by hand from scratch. Please, know what your talking about before you make such comments.

In the next version of S2:AE there will be two new levels. S2K:AE and S3K:AE have not been released yet. Right now I am thinking that Hivebrain is going to win firt place, because his hack is obviously going to be better than mine.

10. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    I was talking about hivebrains.. a lot from that screen in this topic is just ported.. I have not seen the game so I wouldnt know otherwise. and I dotn appreciate being called an idiot >:

I don't want to start anything between us, but I will if I have to :P

11. BtCE

BtCE

*cough*

Besides that, I can't see anything in the backround that was ported, and the fore-ground looks edited. Hive edited the backround himself.

12. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    I make one spelling mistake and you go anal... eesh >.>;

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I am not trying to start anything, but that comment you made was moronic. You had no grounds to make such a comment because you had absolutely no idea of what you were talking about.

14. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    well sorry then :P

I was only trying to improve the morale of the other entrants... don't want pepole getting so discouraged they don't enter or give up :\

15. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I only give up when there is obviously absolutely no hope. I still have the slimmest of chances of winning SOMETHING so my entry stays.

16. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    /\
    |
    |

And with THAT I'm leaving.

17. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    I'm not going to give up.

*goes back to editing music in Omega*

HPZ's new music preview

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You can't realize anything out from a picture. If it is Sonic 1 then it may be good. Still I'm not worried since nothing in that picture or what you have said will be big enough to compete with the big hacks in this competition.

I'll enter with my hack: Eggman in Sonic 1

19. Skaarg

Skaarg

It's ok.. There is a slow download, but the music is ok. I don't know sometimes I don't like the music till I play it with the game. ;)

20. Kampfer

Kampfer

Oooo... I remeber hearing about that.

Yep, this is gonna get intresting.