don't click here

Favourite Running Style?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Vrantheo, Feb 4, 2010.

(Derp)

1. Classic "Wheel" Style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SA1/06 "Wing" Style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Heroes/Shadow "Swing" Style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rush/Unleashed "Recent" Style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rivals/S4Trailer "Fast Walking" Style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. CD/Brawl "Peelout" Style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ...There is more?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Pffff I accidentally double posted. HAHA DISREGARD THIS.

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

So goofy. They could have made that animation so much better, rather than making his legs move in opposite directions.

3. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I thought it was pretty smart myself. Are you familiar with the concept of aliasing? Basically, think of it like this. When you are watching cars on film, and they start picking up speed, what do the wheels look like? They eventually start spinning too fast to see clearly, but then as they start going really fast, they slow down again and eventually stop all together. If they go faster than that, then the wheels start to spin backwards. Why? Because the the rotation exceeds the frequency of your frame capture. If the wheel makes a complete rotation every frame, it will appear as though it is standing still. Slightly less than that and it will appear as though it is slowly going backwards because the wheel is in the same rotational position that it would be if it had gone backwards by a slight amount. Ergo, if you are going fast enough, backwards and forwards movement are visually the same.

4. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    As much as I love the classic wheel, gotta go with the peel-out.

5. Classic, cause it looks fast, and Peel-Out cause it looks FASTER!

Also I have imitated Unleashed Sonic a number of times.

6. In my opinion, I really like the Advance / Dreamcast animation, of Sonic running like "fliying".

7. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    (Quoted from Sonic 4 Thread)

LOL

8. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Advance "wing" style.

And yes, I have imitated this. Fun. xD

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yeah, pretty much. I liked Advance's running style (Adv2's and Adv3's were horrendous though). Gave a great mixture that I thought looked really cool and would go well on the Unleashed model.

10. I liked Sa1's/Sonic 06'. The leaning head forward and seeing his feet blur like that, gives a real 'running' effect for me. Next would have to be heroes' style, as I liked that running style as well.

11. CloverCC

CloverCC

Pretty much everything about Sonic 2 Beta's sonic. Even his walking animations, I really liked how fluid they were.

12. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Also, the more recent versions of Wheel (Advance) and Peelout (Brawl) both have shoes twisted more than motion-blurred.

13. I voted for Sonic Adventure style. I just remember being very fond of it.

14. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Wing style. I used to imitate when I was younger, and I even came up with some BS theory of how it was the most aerodynamic way to run.

15. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    The figure 8 look of the peel-out style always seemed the most appealing to me. It looks quite nice and gives the best illusion of speed out of all of the other styles. I'd tie in the Unleashed and classic wheel style before this.

Is Heroes the fastest a special stage has ever been? I'm pretty sure no Special Stage has incorporated a "speed style" that was Sonic going at his top speed other than Heroes, and even then you couldn't really see the animation,

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Peelout. It's so badass. :v:

I've imitated the SA1 style often, and sometimes I try to make the classic wheel, of course to no avail. XP

17. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Classic Wheel and Super Peel out. God tier next to Top tier.

18. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Arms behind the back, one foot quickly coming infront of the other. Adventure-ish style, I suppose.

19. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    The 2006 run always kind of bothered me because he had his arms at his sides and not behind his back most of the time, which just looks kind of dumb to me. I don't think I really have a favorite style per-se, though.

20. Master3k

Master3k

Love the wheel style.

Can't imitate it though. :psyduck:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.