don't click here

How would you redesign Sonic the Hedgehog?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Pulse, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    The first one is perhaps the best I've seen out of the whole lot in the topic.

The second one is rather unusual, and funny, too! His head would be very heavy, and he might lose a lot of balance with that size of head. Perhaps a mutation due to overexposure to the Chaos Emeralds that caused this error?

2. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    I also took a shot at it, though I took into account Classic Sonic's fatness.

[​IMG]

3. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Reminds me of something...

[​IMG]

DADADA-DA DADA!! HEDGEHOG POWER

4. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    [​IMG]

Made some colour tweaks

5. Chaud

Chaud

Ha! That is awesome. And weird. :v:

Kingdom Hearts Sonic indeed. I quite like it, although I recognize that this drawing has "too many details" for my taste. Perhaps making it a little simpler... I hate to modify drawing made by other people, and I swear that I mean no offense, but how about something like this?

[​IMG]

I like the idea of Sonic wearing something more than his shoes for a change, and these thorns are very similar to the Super Sonic ones (and I think that's a good thing). But I was never a fan of clothes that seem too strange for someone to actually use. Although, lately, there is such an strange fashion coming out there...

6. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

[​IMG]

Lifted from the Sonic 2010 Lineup I'm working on, that is now being cleaned up and improved in Painttool SAI rather than GIMP. I don't think a lot of Sonic fans would like my design, but hey, everyone ELSE is submitting their designs to this thread that would have a nicer fit in Creative Works, so whatever.

7. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Shit, that is really cool. I can't say it's what I would prefer for a redesign, but I'm amazed how well the Sonic 1 concept art style and 06's lankiness work together. It looks more like it would fit rather well in a graffiti styled Sonic game.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    There was a better one that circled on 4chan that basically got it right.

I can't find the image for the life of me however.

9. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    [​IMG]

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

The legs are too further apart. He looks like he just gave birth.

The cuteness... :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: I can't stop looking at it.

11. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    The only thing I would fix are his oversized shoes by making them more identical to his classic rubbery shoes, but other then that it's perfect in my eyes.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    That's the one.

It pretty much nailed it.

13. [​IMG]

While I would want all the robots and mechanical creations in the Sonic world to look semi-realistic and badass, I want Sonic, Robotnik, and all of Sonic's Shitty Friends™ to look and act a lot more cartoony. If only for the fact that there's a severe lack in quality, cartoony video games in today's market.

I also want Sonic's quills to look spikier again. I really hate how soft they look and how hair-like they move nowadays. You have to be able to tear through robots and TV monitors with those things!

I would also enjoy it if Sonic acted more like a jerk, because that's always pretty hilarious. He hasn't been displaying his attitude nearly enough in recent games.

14. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

It's okay. A little evenly proportioned, though. Like the hands, the shoes, and the head all look the same size, even when taking the perspective of the image into account. There's no emphasis in any particular region, where the Sonic 1 design seemed to have an emphasis on his belly and head, despite the fact that he can run really fast.

But, OSM said if he could he would fix the big, puffy looking shoes into something else, and I think that would fix the proportion problem.

Edit- Ooh, one more thing. The variety of designs are interesting to me, so I think I'll take every honest effort I see and paste them side by side in a picture to compare and shit like that.

I know people don't like how Sonic Team keeps screwing with his design every year or three, but I think that's a good thing. It's likely that those efforts were what got them to his design in Sonic Unleashed. Would you rather have had the Sonic Adventure DX or Shadow the Hedgehog design? The Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity design? Sonic Team screws up a lot, but I'm optimistic that they will come up with an even more appealing design than his Unleashed one within the next three or four years or so.

15. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Someone on SSMB had an amazing one based off one the Unleashed CG renders, it honestly blew that one out of the water, but I didn't think to save it and they haven't returned since the the board was deleted. A shame, because they went as far as to remove the soles, change the quills, round out the body, and make a matching Tails.

And I can't help but wonder why Jof doesn't just draw something instead of making those 'shops, though that doesn't stop them from being hilarious.

16. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

this + the patch of cream belly should be round. The spikes even look sharp like I want them to.

What's that model from though? I though Unleashed, but it isn't there on the wiki.

17. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    Just wanted to do something quick and dirty :P
    If I were to try and draw something, it'd be along the lines of what I did in this picture.

[​IMG]

18. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It's from Sonic 06. In the original, Sonic was kind of leaning back, so he doesn't look so anorexic.

19. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Jesus christ. You just made me want a new season of AoSth so badly. ;__;
    Look at this. LOOK AT THIS. WHY IS THIS SO GOOD. DAMNIT.

SEGA just fucking bring the classic design back already for Needlemouse. :argh:

EDIT: I just realized JoF drew that. Fan-fucking-tastic job mate.

20. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Thank you. Still not in the wiki, but I vaguely remember the model now.

FFFFF that is beautifull. I'll stalk your deviantart now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.