don't click here

why was the rom topic locked?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Crysta, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your right.It IS their problem.They shouldn't hire staff that leak out games and shit.So it is their fault that this rom is out and it will be their fault when they lose a ton of money.

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Maybe this will teach them a lesson in what makes a good game.

3. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I hope so. :\

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Personal Opinion of SA3 ROM

- Gameplay
    Better than SA2, you do have to use some skill, no more running through the entire level. Some parts are a bit over hard, and your partner character sometimes has problems keeping up.
    - Graphics
    Same undesirable Sonic Sprite, well Sega have their reasons, god knows what they are :P
    Nice backgrounds though.
    - Sound
    Hmm, for some reason that end of act "Collect Star" noise sounds Mario-ish to me, Music is quite good, some nice royalties are heading towards DCT for the Green Hill Remixes.
    - Overall
    PROS: More fun than SA2, and feels move like Sonic than SA2 did.
    CONS: Annoying Zone progression system, same poor Character sprites. Also more bloatware in the form? of Emerl.

5. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    You mean GEMEL.

6. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

pfft. Forgive me for not keeping up with all the thousands of characters. :D

7. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    My Review:

-Gameplay

GAY

-Graphics

GAY

-Sound

GAY

Except for Sunset Hill music, or whatever the level is, but the thing is...

-Overall

This picture will speak for me:

[​IMG]

8. RoboticParanoia

RoboticParanoia

Yes, these are flower men. Oldbie
    A Brisk Walk Through Time/Getigo Engine
    ...and this is why I don't support emulation of modern handhelds and consoles.

9. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Nah it's more likely they were trying to appeal to older fans, considering it costs Sega money to use any track from Sonic 1&2 as it's still copyrighted by Dreams Come True. But as for the rest of your erm... review, it's all down to personal opinion. What I'd like to see in a Sonic Advance game is a "Retro" mode, where you can use all the oldskool character sprites. But I'm gonna have to face the fact that that's never going to happen.

10. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    *Sigh*

They just don't make platform games like they used to. I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's where platform games used to be great. They were always so much fun to play, and you just couldn't get enough of it. The games were fun to the point where you could sit around and play them all day. And now, all of that has ended. Now, it's just not the same anymore...

EDIT: 200 posts, YAY.

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The answer is simple. They had to work hard to make a good game. They didn't have any computers to make fast level layouts and stuff.

12. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Sonic Team sucks ass nowadays. I'm all for spreading it. I jumped on the torrent and it just finished (around 45KB/s or so, not bad). I'm staying as a seed =P

I also helped spread SAd2 around a bit when the ROM was first released. I managed to jump in an IRC fserv queue and snagged it fairly quickly (albeit slow on dialup). With cable it's much better =P

13. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    This is kind of interesting. The Sonic Advance 3 (Beta?) ROM I downloaded from the other topic has $00 padding and a footer:
    Another copy I downloaded from http://www.advance-power.de has $FF padding and doesn't have this footer. O_o

EDIT: Besides that, the game sucks. If you want a two-character game, play Knuckles Chaotix.

14. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Yeah, #GBAtemp is really anal. Someone distribute the one sans footer.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea the game sucks. It's almost like Sonic Advance 2 but slower and more gay

16. PinkRose324

PinkRose324

*HIC* The Drunken Member *HIC* Pending Member
    If it is a bad game to play, maybe it is a good game to hack.

Maybe we can find cool things with this rom. I know that this isn't as big of a deal as s2b but still, it is a beta, so what have we got to lose.

17. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

I must be the only person here who actually enjoyed the game :(

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I enjoy the logo. That's about it. I hate to be forced to look at Tails' butt hole everything the intro shows up

19. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    well my effort to think about what there doing has obviously failed so I may as well open the topic back up.

20. AndyAML

AndyAML

Canada
    burp
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that. We pay attention to the strangest things...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.