don't click here

Clash of the Amys

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Bibin, Dec 30, 2009.

Pick one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111eleven

1. New Amy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Classic Amy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    So, a lot of people seem to hate one and like the other, and I'm just curious which one Retro thinks is a better character.

Those unclear, here are the differences:

New "Adventure" Amy:
    [​IMG]

Classic Amy:
    [​IMG]

I'll have to hand my vote to the newer one, personally. The old one looks too much like a recolor. Stylistically it looks awkward, too.

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Definitely new Amy.

Old Amy is an eyesore, and does nothing except cling to Sonic. At least New Amy has a hammer she can use.

3. snkenjoi

snkenjoi

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

4. MikeTH

MikeTH

Ohio
    I prefer the old one personally, as her outfit at least makes some sense. That and the new Amy is MUCH MUCH more annoying then the old one.

Old: ...

New: "SONIC! SONIC! IS THAT SONIC?!"

5. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    The new amy's personality in terms of appearances in movie-segments and the show, I can not stand. Her outfit I think is a lot more consistent and less "lame", in my opinion, though.

6. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Quoting myself from this topic. There needs to be a "mash-up" option in this poll though, cause I can't choose between the two.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Neither, I choose Daisy.

[​IMG]

There's nothing wrong with either design.

It's the character itself that's atrocious. No matter which one you use she's still going to be a bad character.

8. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    I didn't know new amy was in Fighters? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu9zz5Yrr78

9. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    New Amy for me, as long as there's none of the psycho-marry-me-or-die stuff going on as it happens in Sonic Heroes....

10. New Amy, circa Sonic Battle. Less clingy, more independent.

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I like Katelynn's
    Amy was a schizophrenic stalker in Sonic Battle.

12. Old, simply on the grounds of not having a voice that is supremely irritating

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I prefer the old design.

14. New design...old personality.

15. Depends on how "new" new Amy is. Any personalities past Heroes inclusive are disappointing.

16. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I love the new Amy. I mean, she yelled at a coconut in Sonic X... What other videogame character in history has ever achieved such a feat?

Seriously though, crazy Amy is wonderful. Her insanity and obsession with Sonic is what makes her so funny and lovable. I really think classic Amy doesn't even have any personality - just another cliche stereotypical shy schoolgirl type. As far as design goes, I think I actually like both. Classic Amy fits well with the rest of the classic characters and post-SA Amy fits well with the redesigns. They're both pretty cute to me. I also think her design in the manga is pretty adorable, although it kind of portrays her as a younger character.

In a sense I find it kind of unfair to compare the two seeing as the old Amy was only in two (or four if you count Gameworld and the Chaotix cameo but... really) games, and only one of which really focused on her at all. We never got to see much character development until Sonic Adventure. :/

I guess Sonic X wouldn't really be the best thing to be mentioning, but when I watch it, it's always great to see the buildup because you know when she's going to flip out. I just want to see her totally lose it one day.

17. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    [​IMG]

Rosie the Rascal FTW!

Her retro 80's style will always blast Ulala Amy out of the water. They might as well be completely different characters.

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Sonic CD
    Sonic Drift
    Sonic Drift 2
    Sonic The Fighters
    Sonic R

Back on topic, though, my vote is for Old School Amy.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While I do prefer the modern style Amy over the old styled one (Amy along with the Chaotix I feel look better after their redesigns. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Metal look worse IMO but anyways), I think they should redesign that dress she wears. So strange it is. Maybe use less starch in the washing machine or something. Or why not use her Sonic riders outfit that was pretty good.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Never been a big fan of her new outfit. She's a little girl presumably and should be more colorful.

Also, old Amy never went crazy with the panty flashing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.