don't click here

Dustin Wyatt's Epic Adventure

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Sonic 65, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I love how the Neko head damages you twice in the special stage. I am that awesome.

On a serious note, I love where this is going. I ideally quote all the comments above mine.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    One thing I do note from the last video is the new special stage doesn;t say how many points you have to get now - do you just have to reach the end alive?

Either way, this is awesome work - though one or two of the references flew over my head until checking the list of who you'd referenced, this still wins quite supremely. =P Kudos, man!

3. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Thanks, everybody!

The problem with that is that no one knows where the sound effect pointers for Wily Wars even are. I've been able to find the music for Wily Wars by looking into Z80 RAM when it's playing a song and then searching in the ROM for that song, but I can't find where the sound effects are loaded into.

That is LocalH.

Yeah, you just have to reach the end without losing all of your lives. The special stages are obviously going to get harder with each one, so I think this is good enough. =P

4. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I couldn't stop laughing at the sight of being attacked by Ritz Crackers! Chimpo Man alone is enough to demonstrate how retardedly awesome this hack is.

[​IMG]

I eagerly await the completion of this hack!

5. Skeledroid

Skeledroid

pretty fucking awesome hack. it excels where others don't because it doesn't take itself seriously.

6. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Wow. This is the first time I've looked at this topic for almost a year, but holy hell, it is awesome! So many community references, I didn't get half of them until I read this thread. I cannot wait to play this game.

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Ah, my avatar has too many colors, doesn't it?

Looks hilarious anyway. One thing I might suggest you change about the level is the jumping bit right after the checkpoint - It looks as though you can make the jump from the last platform when it's at it's highest, but I don't think you get enough height from it to clear the spikes. You might want to either make it such that you can, or make it more apparent that you can't, unless I'm wrong and that's a doable jump.

8. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    A Ritz cracker box for Ritz....that is a damn genius idea that left me laughing throughout the whole act. Sonic on an Internet Explorer logo is also very...intuitive (lolSOTI). The special stage is a very neat idea that provides a great challenge with a ton of laughs. Not only that, but even with its humorist value, the level design appears to be quite challenging. This is really an amazing hack.

Good job so far! :thumbsup:

EDIT: And how could I forget the music? That background music is very catchy.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Oh, it's back? Awesome! This was one of my favorite WIP hacks. I can't wait to see what you do with it next!

10. Emerald Spirit

Emerald Spirit

Newfound Potential Member
    Dat music.

This is destined for greatness.

11. Flygon

Flygon

I dislike my Ritz crackers being soggy.

But I like this hack, blatantly advertising Ritz crackers in my face...

I'm hungry, I feel like eating some Ritz crackers.

12. So, It was a Sonic game someday, right? After completing this hack you should try to port SNES Megaman games to Genesis.

13. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Unfortunately, he's been Beaten to that by the pirates.

14. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I... I want it..
    Does it seem disheartening to anyone here that with all the research people here have been doing over the past 10+ years has got us what we have, while some greasy bastard in hong kong beat us to it years beforehand?

15. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Oh, I didn't even notice the update.

This hack is the greatest hack ever because I'm the best enemy in the game.

16. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Ritz crackers can be good being a bit soggy as long as you soak them in a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup! Or, for variety, clam chowder!

17. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    I find the Ritz crackers amusing. You did a great job of this even though I'm not a big fan of Megaman. The Chimpo Man stage reminded me of the music from Area 2 in the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers SNES game. Is that what it is because it sounds similar.

Not sure if it is though and you can yell at me all you want for not reading the other posts because you obviously must think I'd be crazy enough to read all of those posts. I don't really fucking care because I no longer have enough time to look at everything on this site due to other important goings on. =P

Meh, I'm really surprised I'm not being made fun of in the hack. Then again its probably for the best because I'd probably be something like a buzz bomber or an evil clone of the main character or something along those lines and I really don't need anymore bad publicity on these boards than I already have.

18. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It's Earth Light from Virtual On. I'm actually the one who picked it out for him (even though my first choice was Everything Merges With the Night), so it's kind of my stage more than Chimpo's, and that pleases me.

19. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    Was that Aircraft Carrier I heard for the miniboss battle?

Hands down. Best. Hack. Evar.

20. Kerio Da Wolf

Kerio Da Wolf

Only guy who can make a decent Sonic in a WWE game Member
    Returner HQ, Mobius
    Megaman Eternity
    When is this going to be released? It looks so good, I splooge my pants every time I look at the screenshots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.