don't click here

Cash Register Noise

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Metal Knuckles, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Thank God that concern has never come over me.

*remember's mai waifu topic*

Anywho, I caught the noise at another local gas station. I think I'm gonna try to find the make of the registers and see if anything pops up.

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    The Circle K over by my work does it as well. It makes other videogame sounds as well.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
  4. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Who is talking about the "cash register sound"? We're talking about cash registers that make the ring noise when you purchase things.

5. Jace

Jace

I imagine custom register sounds are fairly common. For example, one GameStop out here has the Mario life gain noise when a sale is completed, along with various sounds such as mario gaining and losing a mushroom when the drawer is open. although, I have to be honest, the osunds would drive me crazy after a few days.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Quote For Ultimate Truth.

I love the 'sorry nostalgia addicts' part! :v:

7. MysticPez

MysticPez

That One Guy
    The Land of harry Potter and Truffles
    ......No... i'd like to be a Beta Tester but I can dream
    Probably a stupid idea, but I think it'd funny and random if they made a song just using the ring +1 noise

8. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Something similar has been attempted.

Interestingly, when you slow the ring sound down extremely, it is made of a series of three chords. It would be fun to construct a song around this sequence, perhaps even the real slowed clip, with the normal sound as the lead instrument.

9. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    My local 7-Eleven does the same thing. I recorded it =] lol

10. XCubed

XCubed

Where the hell did THIS come from?! I'm disheartened that I was unaware.... Apparently Act 3 didn't need the reing sound in the song. The did very well with the themes (long with the rest of the game).

11. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Confirmed for Oregon. I heard the ring at a 76 in Oregon City today, thought my phone was going off, checked for my phone, it was missing. I cried, then was liek OMG THAT SOUND gotta go home and reply/

12. Confirmed for Mass. I heard it at a gas station.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Wow, um, I just heard somethig in MY target here in Florida (near Ft. Lauderdale). I was checking out 15 minutes ago and a couple registers down I heard the Mario COIN sound effect. It wasn't at my register though. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

14. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Confirmed in Ohio. Found 2 locations.

Both in circleville, one in the Duke-Duchess gas station and the other in a Sunoco gas station.

15. InsaneSonikkuFan

InsaneSonikkuFan

master ninja Oldbie
    the shell station on howell mill right off I-75 in atlanta makes the ring sound. my friends and I heard it and were like "is that the ring sound??"

16. I remember hearing it at a Fast Break convenience store on the way back from the National World War II Museum in New Orleans. At first, I thought that someone is playing Sonic. You might have thought the same thing. Yet again, everybody has a different perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.