don't click here

Sonic Eraser!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SupperTails66, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    www.sonic-cult.org/eraser.rar

Looks like we've found a new "Sonic" game! Apparently, there was an old SegaNet game called "Sonic Eraser". From what I've heard, it has been re-released on "Sega's emulator service", as Reala said. Anyways, I took a quick look at it...

From what I can tell, this is a puzzle game, kinda like Tetris and Colums mixed together. You have to match 2 or more shapes of the same type to "erase" them, which is probably what the name was derived from. You ask, "What does this have to do with Sonic?" Well, there are 2 Sonic sprites in the middle of the screen: one on your side, the other on the CPU's. These stand there (in the EXACT Sonic 1 standing pose) and watch the ever-falling blcoks come down. If one player is doing particularly poorly, then the game will pause for a moment, and one of the Sonics will spin dash into the other one, stunning him and obscuring his view of the next blocks to fall.

All in all, this is just another classic puzzle game, with a Sonic twist. However, it should be noted that the CPU is EXTREMELY stupid, and you're almost certain to beat it. The 2-player mode might be good for GENS netgames, though... I haven't tried it myself.

Anyways, that's the quick overview for those of you who don't want to download the ROM for some reason. If someone has already posted about this, sue me.

2. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Interesting but lame. The ROM I mean, not the post. :P

3. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Interesting little rom.

4. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    I must agree. I do think that this would have made more sense if it was made in 1994, when Sonic was amazingly popular (you know, when his picture was on everything from lunch boxes to bed covers :P ), rather than 1991, when Sonic wasn't even a year old. Then again, they had been planning for him to be their mascot from the start, so go figure.

5. AndyAML

AndyAML

Canada
    burp
    Dear god...the music in 1P vs Comp is HORRIBLE.

"PONG-dee dee dee dee dee PONG dee dee PONG PONG PONG"

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Hmmm *Runs of to get Nemisis.*

"Hackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhac
    khackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhack
    hackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackh
    ack"

"You mean find lost tiles"

"Er....yes...."

7. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    It was a little bit interesting to play, but then I got board and let myself die.
    Dr. Robotnik's Meanbean Machine is more inretesting than this.

8. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    Sounds kinda fun. Er, well I'll have to check it out when I get home...

9. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I've been waiting for this to be released.

*Downloads*

EDIT: What? That's it? One level?

10. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    If they had put this out in '94, when Sonic was popular, they would have driven all of the Sonic fans away.

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Realy does look like mean bean machine beta.
    I almost had nightmares about it. No wait, I didn't. ;) It is pretty horrible though.

12. ClavierTekky

ClavierTekky

Just to update on this... at the Cult Forums... someone named D-xiansheng posted a patch for the English translation of Sonic Eraser. You can get it here: http://d.the2d.com/index.php?page=eraser

13. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Is it safe to say that I actually like this game and it's music? XD *gets on zee bus*

14. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    What's the deal with the Sonic Pallette? Why is it the same as Sonic Crackers? On no official sonic games is his pallette like this, is it some sort of beta test sprite or something???

15. SM87

SM87

Pending Member
    I cant wait ^_^. ;)

16. AndyAML

AndyAML

Canada
    burp
    The game's okay, and the 1P only music isn't too bad, but if you actually like the 1P vs Comp music, you are a vile and twisted individual. :D

17. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    That's what I meant. I like the 1 Player vs. ONOS Teh Comp music :P. Pomp DIDDY pomp pomp diddy diddy pomp pomp! onos

18. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    After reading this topic I was in hysterics when I heard the 1player vs. COMP music lol. I guess DCT made the music for Sonic 1&2 because SEGA were bad at it at the time!

Very intresting though I have to say, though it seems you can't pause it, where as in every other sonic game you can.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Test. Please ignore...

20. Samui

Samui

Ice Kitsune Oldbie
    Holy crap, this is the worst Sonic game I ever played, literally! Music is terrible, and gameplay just plain sucks. I mean, match 2 or more of the same color? If they wanted to make a tetris clone, they should have made it like Tetris, not something that looks like they blew their nose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.