don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    They run fine, but the resolution really fucks up with the visuals. They try to come up with solutions for it but they're all awful. A PSP collection would be more proper for portable fun.

2. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Slim chances, but it says so below the spoilers. Maybe this is not a normal collection, but the games are hackedfeature some additional contnent? The leaked document also mentioned something akin to:

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Still not worth the $99.

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

If that is all the content within the game, I am not spending 99 dollars. I really hope that that is not it...

5. At it's current level of content, I MIGHT pay $10.

It's going to need waaaaaay more than S1-3K.

6. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Hmm.. If it IS for the DS, d'you think it'll be as good as GBA Sonic Genesis?
    That'd be AWESOME!!!

I've bought Sonic 2 enough times, and have actually been playing S3 on the DS lately, so. Not really that fussed.
    (DS Emu works enough to be playable. The graphics are a bit squished, but at least it works)

Unless it was something really special, I ain't forking out again.

Unless they put in a 5 second Needlemouse demo.. Then it's a day1 purchase!!!!OMG!SONIC!!

(...I still haven't played Phantasy Star Online)

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Where the hell are you people getting the idea that this is for the DS? Because it has an ad from a game on the DS? Come on people, you're not that easily mislead are you?

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    It wouldn't make much sense because Chronicles isn't really that new. And even if SA2B could get ads in Mega Collection, it still wouldn't make sense because Chronicles didn't leave anywhere near as much impact as a mainstream Sonic game would. It strikes me to find that especially peculiar they would specifically choose that game of all games to advertise, given high ratings or not. Especially if the collection was of a different console than a Nintendo console, because advertising a DS game on an Xbox 360 would be an incredibly odd sight.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I'm positive this isn't it. Stop whining.

10. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I just don't see the point of releasing this for the DS unless it is a playable Chronicles plus the original Sonics included on one cartridge. Yeah, players can play the classics with the D-pad, but unless the thing will have a touchscreen enhancement of some kind, what's the point?

By the same token, the selection seems too barren to be a $99 PS3 exclusive, either. If this is it (and I doubt it is) Sega took Sony for a ride.

The rationale for bringing the thing on either consoles seems bizarre on both counts.

-T

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    What a useless piece of shit. I bet it'll just have HD filters and the lack of Sonic CD and Chaotix is as usual, not existant.
    Note to SEGA: Stop fucking around by re-releasing the same shit over and over again.

12. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    So… you're implying the games aren't not absent? :eng101:
    'sides, CD was in Gems Collection.

Eh, we'll see what they'll make of this one in time, I do doubt that this is it.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Just... wow. This can't be all there is. If I'm going to even toy with the thought of getting this, they better have a damn good list of games, and what's been revealed so far is not even close.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The idea that this content is getting rated because the ESRB either had no need to rate the content (videos) or didn't exist at the time (the original games) isn't a ridiculous one. I don't know how likely this is but it seems at least remotely reasonable and could still imply a large amount of additional game content. It wouldn't even make sense to sell at that price since a dude could still get all that on SMC(+), if we're assuming this is the PS3 collection -- they'd be undercutting themselves!

Still, you guys just LOVE jumping to conclusions, don't you?

15. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    That list of games would be great for DS, decent for PSP, and downright awful for any console.

If Sega did it right, they'd include all the main games in the series up to Sonic Adventure 2 or so. I would definitely buy that.

Of course, we'd probably end up getting the same games that are on the 7-year-old Sonic Mega Collection (which is pretty nice for $5) with some not so great Game Gear/Master System titles that they pack into several compilations to fill the hole where better games should have gone (fuck Knuckles' Chaotix, give me Sonic Blast!)

And if it were to really go for $99, they better include a nice trackball controller to play the included SegaSonic Arcade with. :P

16. PARASOL

PARASOL

99 dollars.

more like 99 cents

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Of course that's not all the game content, but so far it's just the same old stuff we've been spoonfed for almost a decade. I mean, I could just go downstairs and grab my PSP to play all of those games for free. I could give two shits about some "bonus" videos. I want something new (not new, but you know what I mean as far as collections go) that would make me actually want to buy this - something that I can't get for free elsewhere, at least not easily.

Also, since SEGA and Sony are under this sort of "partnership", would it be too much trouble to ask for SA1 on the PSP? That's something worth buying.

18. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Whatever this may turn out to be, I bet it'll coincide with the release of Project Needlemouse whenever it's released.

Man, these old Sonic games must be the most compiled set of games ever. I'd be surprised if they weren't:

Sonic Compilation
    Sonic & Knuckles Collection
    Sonic Jam
    Sonic Mega Collection
    Sonic Mega Collection+
    Sonic Gems Collection (demos)
    Sega Genesis Collection
    Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

...and now this. Not to mention XBLA, PSN, Wii VC, and Gametap. These games are everywhere. O_o

It would be cool to play these games on a DS if they could somehow make it work with the system's screen resolution, though. (If it is for the DS, anyway.)

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You can all cut the $99 idea out immediately, because this definitely won't be that much. Any game selling at that price, barebones or full-fledged, with die immediately unless it's a special edition that has all sorts of other junk (see: Arkham Asylum or GTA4).

Unless there are unlockable titles, this is pretty much a bit of a joke of a collection. Remind me, do we know which platform this is for from the ratings breakdown a few pages back? For a console release, it's an absolute joke. For a portable, still a little light, but it's at least a little closer to par... only a little.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

It's a jump to conclusions mat. You see there are these conclusions, that you can, jump to!

We don't know enough yet to evaluate this collection. We don't know if it's going to cost $99, we don't know if these are the only games on it, and we don't know what platform this is on, so lets stop saying that this is going to be a $99 Sonic Jam for the PS3/DS and wait for more details

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.