don't click here

Crush 40 songs in Rock band?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lobotomy, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
  2. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Im the only one here that says "...meh, whatever" when people says "Whoaaah, that song in rockband / guitar hero"? ...Got GH3 for pc, and...after playing a lot, I'd say that right now its fucking boring...and I totally prefer Guitar Freaks / Drummania, at least, they have the music videos for each song and lot of music styles, from jpop to something like english rock. Also, the perspective in GH/RB fucks your eyes after playing more than 2 hours...

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Hahaha, well for those of us who enjoy the challenge and reward of japanese rhythm games I know where you are coming from. (The perspective thing too)

It would be nice to see GH/RB explore other genres such as jazz (I "tolerate" J-Pop lol) but really when you are playing hard songs and concentrating you don't have time to watch the videos.

4. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I came. Buckets.

I certainly hope not—no offense to you or whoever made it, but that's a terrible chart. HMX will do better than that.

5. Meh, might be exciting. Not worth buying $100+ of equipment. Maybe some other music games...

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Well I'll be damned, I just might want to get Rock Band for this. Hopefully it's true!

7. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Well, this isn't a lock or anything, but usually when bands talk about "being in GH/RB" then they generally are talking about being either an on-disc song or DLC, as RBN is still quite a new concept and more than likely any major artists to use RBN would probably be asked to specifically promote it by HMX.

Not 100% confirmation, but nonetheless the wording makes the possibility of this being charted by HMX to be high.

Not that I'd really worry if they are going the RBN route - many bands who want to be on RBN are hiring Rhythm Authors LLC to handle the charting, and those guys are some of the top players and charters on the GH/RB scene.

8. Ridiculum

Ridiculum

I never really liked Rock Band/Guitar Hero series... but this sounds pretty awesome that they're giving Crush 40 some love. Hopefully it's not just like two of their songs (and both are from Sonic).

9. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Yeah, That's true, but its nice to have them for the amusement factor, its like when there is someone playing beatmaniaIIDX, Pump it Up or some other Japanese Rhythm games, some songs wouldnt be THAT epic without the videos haha.

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member

Guitar Hero's music packs contain bands that have already appeared before in Guitar Hero (Metallica, Van Halen and Aerosmith already had quite a bit of songs in each one of the GH's). However, AC/DC and the Beatles never appeared before their special trackpacks (although Let There Be Rock DID appear in RB2, they both came out around near the same time, so I don't think it really counts).

I just don't wanna play a GH/RB game that gives me music I've played millions of times before on another one of their games. Actually, I'm surprised (by how many have appeared in the GH series so far) they haven't made Guitar Hero Guns N' Roses.

11. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

She is my Wife

12. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Same here

13. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I think "One" was the only previously released song on GH Metallica. Could be wrong though, not a big Guitar Hero fan, just bought the Metallica one for it being 50% Metallica.

Because then it'd have to be Band Hero, and Drum Hero, and the next pointless spinoff they attempt to create. Microphone Hero anyone? No, no, BAGPIPE Hero. Accordion Hero? *shot*

14. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    [​IMG]

FUCKIN-

15. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Damn. Wow.

16. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgr59RiYaq8

17. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Been waiting for this for forever longer than I can believe hehehehehe ^_^

(Yes, I'm happy. Cut me slack here XD)

I certainly hope Live and Learn or Into The Wind can get on there. XD

18. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Cool!
    Now we just need the Um Jammer Lammy tracks, and we're about done!!

(Oh, and Cowbell Hero)

19. Yeah, I'm calling RBN as well. Crush 40 is in reality, a relatively obscure band only known by a certain niche, compared to the many bands that grace Rock Band's repertoire. Barring local bands and Harmonix-ran bands, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.