don't click here

The Eggman That Could Have Reformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by El Gran Gordo, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It's most definitely Sega's iron fist, super charged in the case of Sonic X, that keeps Eggman a villain. Especially since this is supposed to be taking place between episodes 41-52. Otherwise he WOULD pull a heel face turn, at least in this incarnation.

Also, I thought his goals in the games were quite clear. He wants to build EggmanLand on a global, and perhaps interdimensional scale.

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Oh, if this actually takes place in the Sonic X show universe, this version has the most inconsistent characterization I've ever seen, what with launching that missile at station square.

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Like the others said, that would be too nice of him. What if Eggman trapped Sonic somewhere insted of him dying?

I've always wondered why Eggman doesn't trick Sonic and imprision him in the Little Planet but I guess one year until it appears again it would be too much. If the planet goes somewhere across time or the galaxy it would actually be a good one game / storyline thing.

4. Beebles

Beebles

Now with OFFICIAL terrible Knuckles artwork. Member
    Check my blog for details.
    Good humor only comes from solid characters; ultimately I don't think it matters that character development wasn't the aim (in fact, if it was, it probably would have sucked). A person cannot change all at once (that said, a 'heel face turn' would be very uncharacteristic), but instead changes over time due to several smaller, interesting changes. Such as the El Gran Gordo incidents, such as the body swap, etc. Chances are, if the writers were at all intelligent, if Eggman ever did make the changeover to Hero, the comic would have ended thusly, or at the very least he would have become a supporting character.

Interesting that Eggman's personality is the need for attention. Compared to Sonic's need for justice, it would explain why Eggman envies him so much. And why his vanity is the death of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.