don't click here

Crossovers?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Super Klonoa, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. System: Nintendo DS.
    Genre: Music/rhythm game.

It's just an ordinary afternoon in the seaside city of Station Square. Jacob "Crash" Johnson (Age 32, Stormchaser) is taking a vacation with his friends in the months between the monsoon season on the coast. As he eats lunch on a main street patio, his friends remark that they've been seeing some pretty big waves recently, but his lead cameraman, Robert Scrolls (Age 26, Filmographer) doesn't think its worth the time. Everyone is enjoying their lunch, until, all of a sudden, a manhole cover shoots up into the sky, and pressurized torrents of water spew out! Gigantic cracks open up in the ground as the sewer floods hundreds of times more than usual! The whole city starts to flood, and Crash and his crew run to the rooftops to escape the rising water level. The sky turns a stormy grey/green mix - on most days, the team would be happy to see this, but not in a city, and not on their vacation...

"This is no ordinary storm," remarks Scrolls. "I want to film this, but there's so much destruction... how could it possibly get worse than this?"

As if on cue, a gigantic water monster bursts through a now destroyed skyscraper. Its green eyes emerge from its gelatinous head and peer straight at the team on the rooftop! In a fit of panic and desperation, Crash has only one thing to say...

HHEEEAAAALLLLPPP!

Unbeknown to Crash, there is a secret government agency monitoring the planet's people at all times to help them in times of stress, by giving them the stamina and strength to overcome even the most unlikely problems - through music! They're elite, they've got the beat, and they've got the sounds. They're E.B.S., or Elite Beat Sonic!

The leader of the group, the 7-star Commander Eggman, looks over the monitors and with a quick swerve of his arm sends out his agents!

"Agents are... GO!"

The music begins - it's Crush 40's Open Your Heart! Out come the trio of agents on their hydrofoil - their codenames: Agent Miles, Agent Dread, and their leader, Agent S! They greet the player and announce:

"HEY! Mission:"

Followed by the text:

"Episode 2
    Perfect Chaos, Perfect Footage!
    Thunder, Rain and Lightning!!"

As the opening begins to reach its finish into the first verse, a depressed Crash appears on the top screen. All of a sudden, he hears the music! The encouragement has already got his hands swinging in the air to the beat! "Woooooah!"

The agents now appear on the bottom screen, in full 3D, ready to dance and move to the beats! On the top screen, their 2D selves ask:

[​IMG]

Before counting down and starting the song:

Miles: "3!"
    Dread: "2!"
    S: "1!"
    All "GO!"

[​IMG]

So yeah, Elite Beat Agents with Sonic characters and music. I'm actually considering doing this for osu!, considering that someone recently did a EBA crossover with Phoenix Wright.

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Mario & Sonic: A Side-scrolling Adventure

Mario & Sonic's worlds have been switched, and Mario is given super-speed in Sonic's world and must take down Robotnik with the help of Tails & Knuckles, and Sonic must thwart Bowser's plans to kidnap Princess Peach with the help of Luigi and his speed is replaced with Mario's iconic power-ups such as fireballs and the flying cape.

After beating the game you can play as each character in their own respective games. Simple, easy, fun, would be great in my opinion.

3. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Mario Blue: Robotnik's Rampage
    and
    Sonic Red: The Bowser Ballast

4. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Wow, that sounds a lot like Crash purple and Spyro Orange... I like it!

5. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    GOTY

All years.

6. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
  7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    What, between Sonic and Sonic? I'd agree with you there. Putting it in Sonic the way it has been is pretty bad and doesn't add anything to it, really. :P

8. Alternative idea: Team! Sonic the Fighters 2!!

Nine furries have come together for a mission. It's the tropical-ish part of a planet a lot like the one we live on. A simpler society. There are six zones, one jewelry company, and two holding corporations that secretly control every city on the planet. Each group administers its half of the world with an array of signposts. For any territory disputes, mercenaries like these are contracted to address the situation through a massive application of force and speed. Now's your chance to Meet the Team.

Meet the Hedgehog + - (Scout)  
    Meet the Echidna + - (Soldier)  
    Meet the Robot + - (Pyro)  
    Meet the Dynamite + - (Demoman)  
    Meet the Polar Bear + - (Heavy)  
    Meet the Fox + - (Engineer)  
    Meet the Rascal + - (Medic)  
    Meet the Weasel + - (Sniper)  
    Meet the Chameleon + - (Spy)  

The Administrator

Builders League United (B.L.U.) = Creating Habitats for Anthropomorphs and Other Species (C.H.A.O.S.)
    Reliable Excavation Demolition (R.E.D.) = Corrupt and Narcissistic Takeover of Regions and Lands (C.N.T.R.L.)

Control Point = Star Post
    Intelligence = Chaos Emerald
    Kart/Payload = Egg Capsule

9. Somewhere in the darkest corner of the internet (Probably Deviantart) this has been done fifty times.

10. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    It's alright.
    This was done by Chimpo only a few subforums down.

Personally, I think a crossover between Sonic and Pangya would be... well, it would turn heads.

11. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Ideally? Something that doesn't invlove just Sonic.
    I'd like to see a SEGA VS Capcom. A very respectable roster can be built for SEGA's side by taking characters from a few other franchises, like Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Comix Zone, Eternal Champions, House of the Dead... and Sonic as the token mascot character. And Capcom brings in Megaman.
    See? A crossover that would make more sense. And make DKVine go apeshit.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I like how in M&S Winter Olympics (DS) only Sonic can use springs and only Mario can use pipes. Keep that, and use Mario for crazy platforming and puzzles(he can jump higher and is easier to handle in mid-air for more precise landing, and use his hammer for switches and things) and use Sonic for speedy super hero type shit (loops, corkscrews, or something like the Spin-Dash activated switches in S3&K). Give each character their own specific uses for Power-Ups/Chaos Emeralds (I.e. Fire Flower gives Mario fireballs and gives Sonic a flame shield, Chaos Emeralds make Sonic super and maybe something crazy like make Mario clones, I dunno lol).

Literally cram the Mushroom Kingdom and Sonic's world together. "You got your World 1-1 in my Green Hill Zone!"

13. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    [/quote]
    It's like making the cool dude look even cooler by putting him next to a dork (Sonic).
    [/quote]

Thats why Sonic needs his classic, silent attitude. The 90's were when Sonic was in no way a dork, because A: He didn't talk, and B: He didn't look like a goofy bastard. Plain and simple, return Sonic to the attitude and style he had when he rivaled Mario, and he will rival Mario again.

I would love to see a platformer crossover including:

Sonic
    Mario
    Crash
    Spyro
    Vectorman
    Ristar
    Samus
    Kirby
    DK
    Megaman
    Rayman
    Banjo Kazooie
    Viewtiful Joe
    Earthworm Jim

Maybe 2.5D and 3D.

Gameplay would largely be platforming, with sonic's pinball momentum physics, and some Megaman/Metroid/Vectorman esque shooting.

14. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

I am thinking it would be an interesting concept if there was a Mario and Sonic game (like a mix of mario 64 and sonic adventure) where Mario is allied with Robotnik and Sonic is allied with Bowser. Concept is like this, Robotnik is having trouble with his plumbing and Mario is called out to fix it (blames pesky blue rodents or something) and Sonic falls down a big pipe and lands in mushroom kingdom to find some fat ass plumber guy has been jumping on turtles etc... so both end up in a big fight until they realise that they're both the good guys and they've been duped into fight each other... blah blah they combine forces and decide to save the day together...

15. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    I'd think it would be awesome for a Sonic & Mario crossover to happen in one of the best versions of the "Mario RPG."

New from Nintendo and SEGA! It's Mario & Sonic: The Brotherly Rescue (In japan: Mario & Luigi SONIC RPG4!

When Luigi gets kidnapped one day, Mario heads off to Bowser's castle to rescue him, only for a mysterious mustachioed man to appear at Bowser's side with robotic reinforcements! With a bunch of cybernetic implements and other mechanical marvels, Mario is eventually overwhelmed. Kicked out of Bowser's fortress, the red plumber meets a Blue hedgehog who goes by the name of Sonic. As it turns out, his little bro is missing, too! Just then, Bowser's fortress ends up being visibly evacuated into a fleet of airships, all bearing the same logo.

"Eggman! I bet that he's the one who took Tails!" Sonic exclaims. And so, the two heroes decide to become allies, to rescue their brothers and defeat the combined forces of Dr Eggman and Bowser. A new tale is about to unfold, as Mario & Sonic team up in this adventure, where they will make new friends, explore new lands, and partake in One Brotherly Rescue!

What I want is for the gameplay to behave more like SS, with the ability to swap the leader at any time, individual powers, team attacks based wholly around the field abilities, stuff like that. Also, as there are a select amount of basic individual attacks (Jump, Hammer), said abilities can somehow be upgraded to stronger versions (eg, upgrading Mario's hammer lets you hold down the A button instead of pressing it to charge energy for a more powerful move, but release must be timed right or it will fail). Powers break down like this.

Jump: Both Mario & Sonic can jump. The only difference is that when Sonic jumps, he spins.
    Jumping in solo combat: Mario stomps on enemies with his boots, dealing extra damage to ground enemies; can be upgraded so that pressing A after making contact with the enemy allows for a second jump, and upgraded once more so that A at the apex of the 2nd jump makes Mario do that flashy Tornado drill drive. Sonic's spin jump does extra damage to air enemies; upgrading allows Sonic to make a speedy homing attack with B before reaching the enemy that adds additional damage and ignores spikes, at its second upgrade allowing an added Spindash finisher with B after landing from the homing attack.

Jump Combo: When Mario is in the rear, he can use the spin jump that behaves like the other games. When Sonic is in the rear, he can do a "Flipjump" in which he snatches Mario out from under him and either does a midair spin and throws him or uses him to grab a ledge.
    Jumping in Team attacks:
    Spintop Bros -- Like the first game's Splash Bros, only more focus on the Top-esque spinning.
    Spinball Bros -- Sonic throws Mario, then attacks the enemy as well. Also, I want the advance version to involve Sonic spinning Mario around like in the 2nd CGI cutscene of SatBK and just racking up the damage.

You get the idea, right?

16. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    Wasn't there a crossover with Sabrina the Teenage Witch a couple years ago? I seem to remember him in her town, being very poorly drawn...

17. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    I think there should be a crossover of Sonic/Crossing Over with John Edward. The usual Sonic and company would ask him questions about their dead parents and John could bullshit them all the way through.

I SMELL FANFICTION! ...And a really bad pun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.