don't click here

Project Electricmouse

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hodgy, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Sorry about the lack of updates guys. I've been bogged down with work and college lately.

I will use any generation of pokemon. But they have an order of preference :P for example if there was a pokemon from gen 3 and gen 4 that could be used for the same badnik I would choose the gen 3 pokemon. Purely because I want the badniks to be memorable and generally the older ones are more memorable :P

Tweaker

I would like to change as much as possible. But at the moment my technical knowledge really limits me. I would like help but I don't want someone to come in and change alot of things without me knowing what they have done or how to do it myself.

2. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    You know how I found the best way to learn?
    I looked for the object code, which acheived what I wanted, or similar.
    For example, if I wanted sonic to double jump, I'd look at how the Spring makes sonic move, and work up from there.
    It all helps. =P

3. I thought the posted demo had layout edits...? Or am I thinking of something else?

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Sorry I'm late to this, been kinda busy =$

Nice hack I see there, the character (Pikachu) is looking pretty good and fits well with what you've done, a little rough around the edges with the rolling animation but it's pretty decent. The layouts and object placement are nicely presented too, not too basic yet not too cram-packed, just right to be simply fun and nothing more.

I see you have alot on your plate at the moment what with college and all, but I find this hack a unique yet fun hack and not one that looks completely like crap, so it's great so far. Looking forward to future releases =D

5. Korou Tenshi

Korou Tenshi

UK
    I was thinking of some things to be added, but some have been touched upon already in some form:
    Use Pulseman's Volteccer sprite for the jumping/spinning animation, but just edit it a bit. Pikachu's rolling at the moment looks a bit unnatural.
    For the spindash charge, have Pikachu crouch and build up electricity around him/in his cheeks.
    Have the title screen music be either the English Pokemon opening or Mezase! Pokemon Master - Instrumental of course =P. I swear there was a Pokemon hack on the MegaDrive that used Mezase for a level theme, can't quite think of the name of the hack though.
    Have Pikachu say his name upon pressing start, like on yellow version ^^
    Have items in Pokeballs maybe? Failing that, the item boxes as seen in Pokemon Colloseum.
    Maybe make the extra life image a rare candy?
    I dunno, I have a lot of ideas for this, it's an awesome concept for a hack! ^^

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Tweaker and I once converted that song to smps, in fact I would be willing to donate it to you if he agrees, and if you like it of course.

7. This is gonna sound really stupid, but how do I listen to that file type?

I tried WinAmp as many people suggested and that didn't play it.

8. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    You need the in_vgm plugin.

9. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    [​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

:(

10. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Yellow Missingno as a boss? Huh.

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Haha very cool and inventive hack. I'm quite impressed that your "first hack" includes a new charactor AND a custom title screen! Nice Job!

12. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    You have a typo in the sub title for your thread BTW, and I like where your hack is going. ^^

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Though I laughed at this, I don't think somehow this is the effect he's going for =P

14. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Yes, I know that.

15. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Missingno. as a boss, or even some random character/sighting, would be a fanservice delight. As you're trying to go for a real Pokemon-feel hack here, perhaps the latter idea. Nonetheless, It's looking so far so good.

Also, what happened to the platforms when battling Robotnik?

16. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    God knows XD they are "there" but you cant see them XD

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Awesome new name for an awesome hack.

18. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I love the new name, also hopefully you can fix the mappings for the Team Rocket baloon. SonicMapEd tends to do that sometimes if you port your art into the program, and then build your hack. It gets annoying sometimes. I cant wait to see the final result of this. ^^

19. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    It's coming up like this because the art is too big for ram. I even went through the PLE's with Markey but that didnt work :'(

20. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Btw, why is Pikachu in the air without using a jumping anim? =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.