don't click here

The most annoying music

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Selbi, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    You should have a listen to crush40's non-sonic music, which has vocals. Now that's some awesome shit, some of my favorite songs out of my entire library.

Anyway, The only music I really can't stand, is amy's themes. A close second, but actually bearable, is the Werehog battle music.

2. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    What?

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I can't stand the majority of Sonic music that includes vocals (and by that I mean full vocals, rather than say, Sonic CD that has the odd line of speech or whatever). Sonic R's tracks are especially bad, but at least they have the option to turn the vocals off. Not so much the case with the newer games with their stupid and often unnecessary theme tunes. Granted though, some of the music for Knuckles' SA2 stages are fun.

Sonic Eraser's music has grown on me over the years... and I never had an issue with any of the Super Sonic musics (and tbh if I had, it would have probably been the music in Sonic 2 for it). A few years ago there were a lot of annoying Sonic MIDIs being re-used in fangames if that counts.

oh and I'm not a massive fan of the butchered Green Hill Zone music in Sonic Advance 3. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh goodness, the awesome that is the Werehog battle music is played too often. And chances are that'll you only hear the first 10 seconds of it each time it starts. That's annoying, because it constantly interrupts the brilliant level music.

5. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
  6. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    What? It's a load-a bull, including (or especially) your example.

That said, the only other Sonic music that really annoys me is... almost all of the Sonic Adventure and Sonic and the Secret Rings soundtracks. It's like... what in blazes were they thinking? :psyduck:

7. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Yeah, I'm not really excited to listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks ruining the mediocre instrumentation.

8. Master3k

Master3k

S&K invincibility.

I don't know how to explain. It makes me feel pissed off.

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yes, especially that one.

10. wow... that's terrible.

I can totally relate to the hyper sonic music in S3&K. Whenever I replay that game and get all emeralds within the first two zones (in both S3 and S&K) the rest of the game has the same 7 second loop. Uhg. Luckily, you have to collect those 50 rings or more. that saves you from the crap music for at least 30 seconds or so.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    All of you haters who said S3's invincibility can sod off, win track is win. =P

Seven Rings in Hand is indeed dire, but I think my award for most annoying music would have to go to the S2GG boss music, as you know when you hear it ingame you aren't going any further. =P

12. Same here. Finished the worst part of the game with the most annoying character? Here, have her theme song which you can't skip. To be fair, it's still less annoying than her voice.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Oh come on that song is amazing you all should be ashamed.

Besides, Amy's gameplay was pretty good, too.

14. I disagree, it was the least fun part of the game. I found that even Big the Cats fishing misadventures were more enjoyable.

15. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    BLASPHEMY

Big's story was the reason I beat sonic adventure only once.

16. JDAdams

JDAdams

17. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    Thank goodness there's a Game Genie code on Sonic Retro's database that removes that annoying S3&K invincibility music:

REPA-C6YR + REPA-C6YT + REPA-C6YW + REPA-C6YY + RFJT-C61Y + RFJT-C610 + RFJT-C612 + RFJT-C614 + RF6T-C6V0 + RF6T-C6V2 + RF6T-C6V4 + RF6T-C6V6 + RHPA-C6V0 + RHPA-C6V2 + RHPA-C6V4 + RHPA-C6V6 + RHPT-C6VE + RHPT-C6VG + RHPT-C6VJ + RHPT-C6VL + RFPT-T6YC

...although the code is long, it's definitely worth it. You can finally play the levels as Hyper Sonic while listening to each level's respective music.

18. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    I'm gonna guess that I'm one of maybe 5 on here that actually likes Amy's character...

I'm also surprised that so many hate the super sonic themes... I thought that they were pretty good!

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    People don't like the Super Sonic themes because they're normally the invincibility music and thereby they were originally meant to be played for a few seconds rather than for the entire level, so they're extremely repetitive.

20. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Pretty much the entire soundtrack to Sonic R. Somehow I used to like it.

Spring Stadium from the CD versions of Sonic 3D also drives me mental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.