don't click here

(OLD - ARCHIVE PURPOSE) Items, Menus, Title Cards & Misc Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Hitaxas, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    They used to go to white at the top of the outlines but I changed that and now the outlines are visible all the way up, and just to put an end to the debate about it blending in with the background colors.

[​IMG]

It'll be fine. It will undoubtedly look better with an image in there, but it stands out fine.

2. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    RedStripedShoes is placated... for now.

3. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member

And you know the colour thing , the wip I made long time about menus =P...its gonna look better with that.

4. I'm a fan. Still probably like the cartoony look of Flare's more (except the wings looked like horns on his), but this is really really really good looking.

5. rctneil

rctneil

That looks fantastic!

Regards,
    Neil

6. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Sorry for bringing this up again, people, but recent actions cause this to be a valid reaction.

[​IMG]

The ring from Project Needlemouse is actually is a great example for the Sonic 2HD rings. I mean, it's an official design, so there is no more arguing except for the ring designs in cartoons, box-art and spin-offs. Rings that I, from this point on, choose to ignore. This is the ring to rule them all, this is the ring to find them all, this ring will bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

7. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    You do know that this might not even be used. There have been no screen shots from the official game.

8. Kirinja

Kirinja

ATATATATA! Member
    The design of the new rings is from the new Sonic Team. We cant be sure that the old Sonic Team would go for the same design. Just to nitpick.
    I don't really care, I'm just saying that this proves nothing.

9. test-object

test-object

I didn't say it proved anything. It's a (possible) good reference when we're back to making the rings.

10. To add to that point, this is just a teaser. It's not a debut trailer. We'd need to see pre-rendered cut scenes or in game screenshots before we can be sure that that is now the official design. ;)

11. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Really, it doesn't fit. Going by what's been done so far with characters, badnicks, and level art it would just look "other-worldly". We can't just throw in official art, objects or whatever in just because it's official. It must look right.

12. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    Edit: Nwm, Sorry.

13. test-object

test-object

14. Agobue

Agobue

Has anyone done this little guy yet ...

[​IMG]

15. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I think you could just downscale the remasters of the Sonic foot-tapping sprites.

16. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    If you're looking for something to remaster then I got a couple things you could mess with. Unless you're not looking for something to mess with, in which case ignore this crap.

You could:

A) Work on this. I really should just do it myself, but I keep putting it off for whatever reason.
    If you choose to work on the platform you'll be needing this for reference.

[​IMG]

B) Work on this thing.

[​IMG]

C) The Tornado. Though this is lacking the jet on the bottom, we'll have to add that later, eh?

[​IMG]

D) The starpost stars.

[​IMG]

E) Pretty much any of the badniks or animals that are on the database. I'm not gonna spam a ton of images for those, though, so go find 'em yerself.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Nah, this one's supposed to look all Super Deformed.

18. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The proportions are different.

Edit: beaten.

19. Agobue

Agobue

Would somebody be able to rip the 'Got Continue' sprites from Sonic 2? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

Knuckles' is the same from S3K IIRC.

In fact, I think the Sonic one is too. It's only Tails that had his changed.

EDIT: great minds think alike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.