don't click here

Music that reminds you of sonic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by XFactorNo9, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    Comparison MP3, it's kinda messy, especially the first 6 seconds, as I'm in a hurry but proves its point

2. OMG!!! this is an acid nightmare of awesomeness!!!

and yes, this does prove your point... to the point where I'm putting this in my iTunes!

3. service gamer

service gamer

Bloomington, Indiana
    Trying my hardest to write a book
    Maybe my dad just listened to this duo's greatest hits album too much during my formative years, but for whatever reason, when I hear many songs from Hall and Oates, it puts me in the mind of Sonic 1 and 2. None of the songs sound like existing Sonic tunes, but rather seem, to me, like they belong in the games. Often times, it's only portions of the songs. Here are some examples:

I Can't Go For That
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vouDK-LELEU

Maneater
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-OO0xqTe4

Wait for Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTCxL-v1x4

Kiss on My List
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u9FrXBWu_I

Private Eyes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLfoy2XsFw&feature=fvst

Out of Touch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31wa5BTFO-E

There are numerous others I could cite, but I'm probably going overboard as it is. Nevertheless, I am grateful for this topic, as I've always wondered if these songs sounded to other Sonic fans like they do to me.

4. I started this topic hoping I could generate some inspiration for some hack BGM (hearing MJ in sonic Megamix was hillarious), but also for those out there, like myself, that associates a particular song/band with sonic (like naked eyes does with me).

5. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Yeah, Launch Base totally fits in with Flash Light! It's also made for one of the best Sonic mash-ups I think I've ever heard. :) The combination is so darn close to seamless!

Kind of makes me wonder -- maybe the composers behind Sonic 3 not only produced a lot of Michael Jackson-inspired music, but also had a little inspiration from Parliament. It's most likely just a coincidence, but it's something cool to think about.

6. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
  7. RevFirst

RevFirst

It may be Dreams Come True, but the music in "Winter Song: Dancing Snowflakes" really stood out for me. Personally, it sounds like something from Ice Cap Zone if the composer was working on Sonic 3. This is the best I could find without actually posting the MP3.
    http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category...8052355GQjjjt8f

I especially like these. Great choices.

8. The ParadoxX

The ParadoxX

9. Yo n00neimp0rtant, your bandwith limit's been reached on box.net. I couldn't download that Sonic Blast Mix on Youtube, neither could I see the Comparison mp3 you've made in this thread. Mind mirroring it to zshare or the likes? Thanks.

10. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Seriously?? WOW. I wasn't even aware I had a bandwidth limit, lol. I'll upload them to that one "multi-site uploader" later. Anyone remember the name of it? They take your file and like auto-upload it to a bunch of sites?

WOW, totally!! I so would have thought the same thing had it not been mentioned. The past song is one of my faves from Sonic CD.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Yellow Magic Orchestra. All of it, really, though Cosmic Surfin' in particular reminds me of the tune for the bonus stages in GG Spinball, and you can probably nudge it even further into Sonic's domain when you consider that they seemingly never perform the same song twice.

Anyone caught linking or listening to P-Funk shall be made 30% cooler.

12. I think it's Sharebee or something similar.

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Somebody complained about popups or viruses or something when I used Sharebee, so I use Megaupload.

14. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Right Said Fred - Wonderman :v:

So here's a list of songs that remind me of Sonic or could fit into the retro Sonic world.

Real Life - Send Me An Angel '89 - Now this one reminded me of something from out of Scrap Brain Zone which I could picture going hand in hand.

Mya & Blackstreet - Take me there - This song sounds like it bares some resemblance to Tidal Tempest Zone Present (beat wise for the US version; tune wise for the JAP version).

Bananarama - Venus - I could picture this song fitting onto something like Quartz Quadrant Zone Present in general.
    Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round - Funnily enough, I could this song fitting onto something like Quartz Quadrant Zone as well only in the Bad Future in general.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoster - For some reason this one kind of reminded me of something from out of Wacky Workbench Present (US version).
    The Cure - If You Leave Me (From Breakfast Club film soundtrack, 1985) - This one kind of reminded me of something from out of Wacky Workbench as well only in the Good Future (US version).

Black Box - Everybody Everybody - This song kind of reminded me of something from out of Stardust Speedway Present (JAP version).

Sting - Desert Rose - I usually think of Sandopolis Zone when listening to this song.

Darude - Next to You (original vocal mix) - This song sounded like something from out of Final Chase.
    Space Cat - City of Dust - I couldn't find any link to this song; it's quite rare to find it seems. I'm not talking about the Perplex Remix but the original if I'm correct (it's on this one album called 'X-Mode Vol 8 - Extraterrestrials'). This song sounded like something from out of Final Chase as well (if not 'Shadows Theme: Throw it All Away'). If you listen to this song, you'll see what I mean.

Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue - Yeah, I'm one of those people who in general of thought of Sonic himself when listening to this song =P

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    This will sound weird, but I still maitain that The Beatles' Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, if remastered to Megadrive limitations, and possibly sped up, would be an awesome music for a trippy beginning level. I mean, listen to the intro on this-

Ignore the then subsequent Alvin voice.

16. Lol! thanks for that... just... thanks! made my night!

Anyway, I know I've posted a lot of Naked Eyes Music... But wouldn't this make a cool Knuckles theme? (assuming there were no vocals) It seems to have elements of both S3 and S&K knuckles themes.

Another Naked Eyes song. This one has midgets in it, but it also has a sonic feel (again, if you could nix the vocals).

Could easily fit into a EHZ type level. Same band... sorry, but this shit sounds like 16bit sonic.

For that... I give you a facepalm

[​IMG]

17. Malpass

Malpass

Fell at the Battle of the Wing Fortress, 1992. Member
    Axel F, for some reason. The original, not the Crazy Frog version...

I'd also add Michael Jackson's Another Part of Me to the list. Seems like a Scrap Brain-style song. From the same, the main bit of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (before the yeah-yeahs) could work.

18. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Dunno, but dang, that song nearly resembles RM2 O_o

19. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    This came out in my clubbing days.

Technoboy - Hardrive - Lesson 2

If you listen between 2.57 to 4.21. It's sounds like the drowning music.

If you are wondering what style this is it is Hardstyle. But this is the early Hardstyle before it got dominated by the Nustyle stuff.

20. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.