don't click here

Sonic 2 Hacking...

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SuperSonicWarrior, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSonicWarrior

SuperSonicWarrior

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 MKII hack
    Does anybody know of a utility to import music files into Sonic 2 (Genesis)? Preferably MIDI or WAV... Thanks in advance. BTW, I know about SonicQT. I need something for the FINAL version of Sonic 2, not the BETA.

2. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Welcome to the forums.

There are no music porting tools avalible for Sonic 2 Final ATM.

3. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    I was thinking about doing a Sonic 2 Beta hack with songs from Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam on it.

4. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    If I recall correctly, can you not port a MIDI into the beta using Sonic QX then copy-and-paste to the final?

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You can port the music into Sonic 2 beta with Sonic QX, then port all the music from Sonic 2 beta into Sonic 2 final. (you will have to move around some pointers and art, naturally)

6. SuperSonicWarrior

SuperSonicWarrior

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 MKII hack
    Well, I kind of suck at hex editing and extreme technical stuff. Is it that hard?

7. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    No, its as easy as licking a postage stamp. :lol:

Its dificult at first, but with the right instructions and knowhow, you may get somewhere.

8. SuperSonicWarrior

SuperSonicWarrior

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 MKII hack
    Alrighty then. I have SonicQT and a fresh Sonic 2 Beta ROM, along with some MIDIs. What do I do?

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Are they General MIDIs? Because you must have a gerneral midi for it to work with Sonic QX.

10. SuperSonicWarrior

SuperSonicWarrior

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 MKII hack
    How do I know if they're General MIDIs? I got them from www.vgmusic.com, if it helps. (Pardon my stupidity...) :P

11. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    Well, if the MIDI's title on the site doesn't end in "XG" or some other extension (like "SC-(something-or-other)"), excluding "remix," "orchestrated," "arranged," etc., then it's probably General MIDI.

You can also download all of mine, if you want - sure, none of them are Sonic (probably won't ever be, either, because I've stopped sequencing), but they're all General MIDI. :)

12. SuperSonicWarrior

SuperSonicWarrior

Pending Member
    Sonic 2 MKII hack
    What do I do in SonicQT? My download didn't come with a readme or anything...

13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    Alright, this is a condensed and probably badly formatted copy of the manual for Sonic QX. (It's been converted from Word to a text doc, so the formatting may be off.)

Edit: I had to remove the title page with the picture and some of the links, but all the information from the Word manual is still there...I think.

Attached Files:

• Sqx.txt
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.