don't click here

What would make a good classic sonic game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by tonic41, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Amy's lack of ball mode did force you to do things differently.

2. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    And you missed the point of his observation; you claimed that grinding was in BOTH Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, when in actual fact, it was first introduced in the latter. Getting sarcastic about his correction doesn't help matters much.

In short....... lrn2gratitude.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    That just sounds annoying rather than fun.

Really, that site seems to have been made more to highlight the differences between the classic and new games.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    What you find annoying, I find fun. :P

5. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Which is fine, but nothing for people to cry out "whoever made this is a genius and should be given the chance to make the next Sonic game" over. I'm paraphrasing of course.

6. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    Actually, there was no point to his post. No legitimate point, at least. Maybe his only intention was to "school" me - which he failed to do - because weather grinding was part of Sonic Adventure 1 or not was far, FAR from the point. Which leads me to say:

lrn2comprehend

:colbert:

NINJA EDIT: for the sake of comprehension, I'll explain what I mean by reiterating my point: my point was that grinding works fine on a 3D Sonic game where you need rails a lot of the time, but in a 2D Sonic game, like Sonic Rush, we don't need more rails when the entire game is already on rails by default as a result of the 2D, side-scrolling perspective.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Besides that, I have genuinely contributed now.
    And my intention wasn't to "school" you, merely to give you correct information. I have a bad habit of doing that.

8. tonic41

tonic41

Sonic game code name? sonic classic
    you will be able to do that. as for the spining signs, I don't think so be cause I don't think it will fit unless I make it 3 acts and not 2(aka 1 big one) but the capsls will be in it. as for Amy, she will just be a slower sonic without spindash(aka sonic 1 mode) and im not really planing.. I started working on the engine after scraping whirlwind...
    btw super sonics not really hard to add. all I really have to do is make it so he transform cause right now its press up 2 times then zomg im yellow..

9. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali

It's all good - I agree with what you said about Sonic Advance. If they'd focus more on the platforming side of it as well as speed and a good blend of the ORIGINAL characters then they'd have a winner, IMO.

10. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    original? You are talking about a series originating with Mickey Mouse and Felix the Cat thrown into a blender.

EDIT: And sprinkled with blue food dye.

11. tonic41

tonic41

Sonic game code name? sonic classic
    wait... then where did the speed come from

12. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali
    Hm. I would say that was caustically witty, but...oh wait. :v:

13. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    The blue dye was really Blue Gatorade.

Everyone knows Gatorade makes everything athletic because science

14. Phos

Phos

Almost everything has some kind of inspiration, Sonic is no different. You're kind of oversimplifying his creation a bit.

15. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    Perhaps you could make Amy jump higher than the other characters or have a double jump? No one's gonna want to play as a handicapped Sonic... At least, I don't think anyone would want to...

16. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

Cali
    Seriously, I just looked at this post again and..wow. Really? Please tell me you weren't actually trying to be clever here. Mickey...Felix? Blue Hedgehog with spikes that runs fast and acts as a living pinball. I...really just don't see any sort of similarity between the characters you brought up. Just...post fail, man.

17. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Let's add in checkerboard scenery and the primary nemesis. Originality has never once been the series' strong point.

18. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    No, Mine's more of a Matt Groening style. And the character faster than Sonic is a purple rodent who is more like a humanoid, or Sonic Adventure at least. But I'm still planning, and can still scrap it.

Although I thought Sonic was based on Micky Mouse too! Guess what? Tails is based of Tod from the Disney movie "The Fox and the Hound", I only saw that movie on Saturday. I blame Tokyo Disneyland for all this, and I'm gonna finish, but Jeffry's Splash Mountain was the best Disney ripoff of all time. All Time! /kanye

19. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    All things considered, I have a lot of trouble making that connection. Tails doesn't particularly resemble Tod in appearance or mannerisms and... well, suffice to say I'm not seeing it.

20. Phos

Phos

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Nope... not similar at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.