don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

There's certainly a lot of hype everywhere. I hope it delivers. We'll get news in TGS hopefully.

I liked it, though it could've been in smaller doses and I don't want to see it again either.

The only thing that Archie does right are these archive covers, imo. Why couldn't be it like this from the beginning...

[​IMG]

The FF still look awfully out of place, even done in this style however. They wreck the covers just by simpling standing there.

Ahahaha :psyduck: :v:

2. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    What hype? Sega released one video. The only hype Sega needs to live up to is the hype Sega generates. Everything else has been the fans not keeping their hands off their dicks.

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    And what do you mean by "upgrade"???

Gold teeth? A medallion? Sovereign rings?

Newer doesn't mean better you know. It certainly wasn't better 10 years ago when they tried to pull in the pokemon crowd with their ghastly redesign. I too say bring back the classic Japanese Sonic, AT LEAST for this game.

Fans of new Sonic, kindly shut the fuck up and let us have this one!

4. How does it contradict what I was saying? My point is, I prefer the challenging physics from the old games where you needed to build up momentum to go around loops rather than going over a boost pad (ala the Sonic games after 1999) - having the game do everything for you. I was basically saying some 2D games they've made have even used the auto boost pad approach, rather than build up momentum, and falling under gravity like the old style. I briefly played the NDS Sonic game, and was pleasantly surprised, but really Advanced and Rush did not fill the void that the Mega Drive games left in their wake. I am hoping they get things like this right in the proposed title, but SEGA seems to make so many Sonic gamed these days they are probably willing to keep doing more new improved Sonic games forever until they nail it.

5. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    This is actually not all that insane. It's my understanding that Nack is the only scrapped character with a still-extant profile on Sonic Channel, making him the most likely of all the scrappies to return - and if it was ever going to happen, isn't a self-admittedly "retro" game the ideal place to do it in?

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Sonic's Advance/Rush sprite is so shockingly bad.

Seeing him bouncing and flexing on the spot like a homosexual in a gym is too much to bear.

7. I 100% agree with you. The whole art style needs to go back to where S3&K left off. And grind rails should stay in skateboarding games.

8. Asher

Asher

Your Residentual Tattoo Designer And Pirate Member
    Its a shame we wont finally get that Michael Jackon soundtracked game.

(Although... it is arguable we did I guess :P)

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Ah, indeed, it doesn't. I guess I misread who said what when I was replying to that.

10. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    There's not a thing wrong with the new style Sonic's drawn in now. Looks better than regular cartoon knock off to me, anyhow.

11. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

I wouldn't say sphagetti-arms are flawless, but it's certainly a damn sight better than fatty-fat fat fat and his dead black eyes.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    If they could have done the kind of animating Advance has in the Genesis days, they would have.

13. Machenstein

Machenstein

He's not fat! He's round. :colbert:

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Comparing classic Sonic with SA Sonic is almost like comparing these two:
    [​IMG]
    =P

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Fix'd :V

16. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    He's plump. :colbert:

I'll be quite surprised if Sega goes back to Sonic's old style, especially since they've been using his new style for ages now. Meh, for a small figure in a 2D game, unlike a large 3-D figure where detail seems to be key, it's not too much of a difference other than a little lost weight.

17. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Festively plump? :v:

I wouldn't r-r-r-rage if they brought back the old form, but a) I prefer the new, and b) I'd be very, very surprised that SEGA chose to do it. Effectively ret-conning a decade of sleek merchandising does not seem a wise move to make.

(Besides, if they're going to bring back an old design, the first one to regress to should be the spherical caped Robotnik. Sexy. :thumbsup: )

18. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    [​IMG]

If they bring back old Robotnik's style, Sega is gonna get a lot of appreciation.

19. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Not from me, though. I love in equal parts the old and current Sonic designs, but on Robotnik, the new is way better, says I.

20. I'm trying to imagine what the game could be about... I'm thinking it could even be a prequel that explains how Ivo Kintobor became Robotnik, and how Sonic turned blue by breaking the sound barrier. Or it could be that Robotnik has managed to make some new kind of machine to do with controlling time, weather, dimensions, gravity, or just some new power source to run his robots on or something to destroy Sonic with in order to get world domination... yeah probably that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.