don't click here

Cybernetic Outbreak Update/Release Thread.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Varion Icaria, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    xD Well the spikes are meant to be pricks, as for linear layouts this is Area 1 of act 1, It's supposed to go like that till you get inside the factory, When the BG's are in it'd make more sense. Bewar! the lava! :O.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm simply shocked that this hack still exists. The video looks cool though. Nice to see some progress (I always did want to know more about this hack)

3. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Yeah I pretty much been spending all that time learning how S3K works and looking for ways to improve S3K so I can make a great hack ;).

4. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    It's cool to see your hack again, with the use of the S3K engine. And I like the video, the only complaint being the linear layout, but I don't think this level layout is the final version.

5. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    Been following this for years, as you know, Varion. I love it.

6. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    That's not the best excuse. Even if you only plan on having one path through the level for each character, there should at least be some gameplay going down here aside from rolling through tubes and occasionally slowing down for spikes that no one is going to be able to anticipate. I mean, there are only three spots in the entire level where jumping is even required, at least for Sonic, when you should have about thirty.

The hack still looks nice and all, but this really doesn't bode well for the rest of the game. Find someone to help you with the layouts if you have to, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who are able and willing.

7. Looks very well done, a problem maybe wrong though as its only a test. It lacks a background it would help with the theme of the level I think adds a bit more to it. I'm impressed so far though keep it up

8. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    What amazes me is that this is being done with Sonic 3K.

I officially declare you the Roger Bannister of the community.

Oh and the level looks mighty impressive too!

Can't wait to play it considering in all it's 14 zones there wasn't even one metallic land based facility in Sonic 3K.

*EDIT*

Can I get a "fuck yeah" for Silver Sonic!

[​IMG]

9. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

No this layout is not the final as I had to set it up like this as a test of splitting the paths between Sonic and Knuckles, I am also planning to separate Tails so that they can each go through the levels in their order with their own story. The spike placements yes they are dick and I love them they only exploit the glitches in the solidity engine that I am in progress of looking into. There are backgrounds planned for RFZ but I could not place them in yet since the 128x128 tiles are not fully complete as you may have saw and I am missing the second half of the main level itself. Nice to see that somebody likes Silver Sonic but you may not like what ends up happening to him after you defeat him. :P You must wait till the next video.

10. Is Mecha Sonic still going to be playable from before? I saw a picture once of him in Radon Factory Zone. That alone made me excited for this hack.

11. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

It's possible. I have yet to decide.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    Silver Sonic's lost weight...and height?

And at JasonChrist, fuck yeah!

13. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

Yes indeed Splendid display of his new sprites ;D. Great work on them. Keep it up!

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    That new sprite looks... incredible!

You know I'm probably more excited for this than the Needlemouse thing.

Can't wait to see more of this.

15. Hard to read through this thread with all the mindless flaming.

The hack looks great. Visually. Seriously. Looks great.

Keep up the good work.

16. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Man I can't even download this, it looks good though. Can I just ask from the screenshots I thought this was a sonic3k hack but now I think its a sonic 2 hack???. Sorry can some correct me on what this is a hack of.
    Edit: Nevermind, its a sonic3k hack. Can you provide another link please? Its broken.

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    The first guess was right, it's a Sonic 3 and Knuckles Hack.

18. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

The download link in the old post was for a music alpha in S2. This new engine test is not up for public release.

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

Hi! Looks great Varion!

20. DNX

DNX

... Eh. Member
    [​IMG]

Introducing the Mk II of uh..... wait is this Mecha, Metal, or the Silver model? I don't even know. Anyways, here it is.