Sonic Shorts 5

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mad Echidna, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
  2. Saw that a while ago.

Waiting for 6. Supposedly its the last installment.

3. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    When they are done with these (if they ever are) they should really make a "best of" version, you know... cutting the... how can I say? 'less than steller' ones out lol

4. Isn't this like half a year old now? I could have sworn sombody posted a topic back when it came out.

5. Yeah. I'm an old member of their group, Sonic Paradox, and let me tell you... This process for making Volume 6 has been less than smooth.

6. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I love Sonic shorts, I'm still waiting for the 6th one if it happens.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    These flashes are the funniest around. Can't wait for number 6...

8. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    The last one of these shorts I laughed at was Vol. 3. I didn't find anything funny after that.

9. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

"Augh! Why don't you give me gloves that say I'm gay on them!"

10. I seem to remember one set being alright then the quality getting noticably worse and less funny after that. Something to do with overusing memes that doesn't end up being funny.

11. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Well, it's Newgrounds trash. Man, that site was already going down the shitter when I joined New Year's Day 2006 under a different name. I looked at the site a few days ago, now it's even worse. It's like Gaia Online, except they don't use dolls you spend actual money on. Most of the flash movies either are amateurish animu junk or some dipstick who is clueless about making a good cartoon shamelessly making his tweened, paper cutout original characters (or video game characters) spout old stale internet memes. It absolutely sucks. The Sonic Shorts are no exception.

It would be rude to leave a comment with just contempt, though. The contributors should think about characterizing Sonic and company and how Sonic is basically a joke in the gaming industry to gamers who are totally hardcore. About how newer characters are ousted for being one-dimensional hollow beings by the original one-dimensional hollow beings (aka Sonic and Eggman/Robotnik). A sense of irony. Not just "witty" observations about Sonic's universe, but also sight gags. It's a cartoon, a visual medium for goodness sake.

I know Newgrounds flash users aren't professionals or scientists, but it's the effort that counts, not complacently resting after receiving asspats from the tools who rate these movies with ten all across.

12. El Gran Gordo

El Gran Gordo

Yosh Member
    SatAM Robotnik's rage against Sonic X Eggman strikes me as odd, considering X Eggman is leaps and bounds closer to the original game source material than he is, even with his differences.

Frankly, I'm not sure what statement the author was trying to make. "This deviation from the game character is more valid than that deviation from the games" is what it seems like.

Nice use of the giant 4Kids logo, considering that even in the original Japanese script, Eggman expresses his complex ethical position, and declares disdain for harming hostages. While 4Kids is a rather trite dubbing company, this was one scene where they were accurate, so placing the "blame" on them for this scene is pretty stupid.

Overall, this bit reeked of SatAM elitism. "Our concept of Sonic is the best, everyone else sucks" is the message I took from it.

13. After that Volume was released, I remember calling out the artist of the short (Who I believe is Chakra-X. It's been awhile) simply because the short reeked of, "I hate Sonic X." The artist even had the audacity to put himself in the short (The dude who makes the "logical argument" in the 4Kids sections? That's the artist.)

14. ahaahahaha. Self-inserts, in my flash animation? It's more likely then you think.

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Except that Sonic X's Eggman is nowhere near as evil as SatAM's Robotnik. The anger came because Robotnik didn't like how his equivalent in Sonic X looked so dumbed down.

16. El Gran Gordo

El Gran Gordo

Yosh Member
    "Dumbed down" is an interesting way to put it.

Considering X's Eggman was, as a character, far more believable and complex than SatAM's characterization, which can be summed up as "I am evil and I hate everyone... because I'm evil!" Oh, yes. SatAM Robotnik wasn't "dumbed down" at all.

I could go on, but at the risk of veering this topic away from its original focus (the Sonic Shorts), I'll refrain.

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I still enjoyed it the second time round too; fun stuff :p

Here's some more Sonic Shorts - well, pants/boxers:

[​IMG]

Well at least they're not as bad as this one

18. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Well what do you know? I actually took the time to watch the latest installment, and I have to say that I was right on what I first expected.

The only thing I found funny was Sonic getting pissed that he couldn't go Super Sonic and the titles scrolling across to make a new message. It didn't seem like it was trying too hard to be funny, rather than the last segment with "SatAM is better hahaha 4Kids is stupid I was the first to notice this". Only two segments seemed to care to try to actually animate Sonic, so hats off to those two.

19. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    I take offense to that last bit.

Seriously, Sonic Underground gets no respect. :colbert:

20. I'm going to pretend you didn't say this, as the SatAM Robotnik had an entire backstory, unlike Sonic X's Eggman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.