don't click here

Super Sonic 64

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by LuckyLagomorph, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    A little more than a year ago my friend V2R and I made a retexture hack that we called "Super Sonic 64." (I prefer to call it Sonic the Hedgehog 64) While it's almost impossible to change the music and the modeling to Sonic style, we've been able to change the text and make the stages look and feel like Sonic stages. Here are a few screenshots of the game.

[​IMG]

Click here to download.

I'm actually thinking of doing a complete revamp on the textures. sinne only a few of the textures are "hi-res", I'm thinking of making them all become hi-res. This way it'll look more appealing. I won't be doing it now though since I'm busy on my flash game I'm making.

But anyway, please tell me what you think.

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    <a href="http://sites.google.com/site/messiaen64/mml2m64—music-macro-language-importer-for-mario-64" target="_blank">Not anymore</a>.

3. PARASOL

PARASOL

Uh, no it's not. In fact, we've come as far as level editing. You're not going to believe how long people have hacked SM64.

(And I mean REAL level editing, not object placement like toads tool 64)

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Site says:

Página não encontrada

Não foi possível localizar a página solicitada.

5. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    I already knew how many people hack Mario 64. All I've seen though is texture hacks. Mostly incomplete texture hacks. Well anyway, thank you for the music program, even though I had no idea what that link said. I was still able to get the program nonetheless by just typing the name of the program into Google. I'll try to figure this program out and start changing the music.

6. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    Click on the menu on the left?

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm not really all that interested by this. The Mario style of platforming doesn't really work for a Sonic-themed game, and recoloring Mario blue hardly makes that any better. I think the hack would be much more appealing if you kept Mario as the lead character and simply remodeled the levels after Sonic-themed environments, instead of trying to pointlessly try and turn the player into Sonic the Hedgehog.

As things are right now, I'm not even mildly tempted to download this. If you can take the suggestions I've proposed in mind and start changing the level design a bit, I'm sure you'll start to have a relatively solid mod on your hands.

8. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Click Mario 64 Notes, then click mml2m64: Music Macro Language Importer for Mario64/Zelda64. I dunno why it won't let me link directly.

9. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    I know what you mean about the whole "blue Mario" thing. Of course though, this hack was back when I didn't know very much about properly hacking.

Also, I was actually wanting to change the levels around, but V2R didn't really want to spend too much time on the project any more than what we already did.

10. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    This is actually a neat little hack idea, though the styling (if you were able to convert Mario to Sonic) would be something along the lines of Sonic Blast (No Flickies :v: ) and/or Labyrinth and would require speed and a spindash element.

Also, Tails in place of the Lakitu, nice touch. :eng101:

11. JDAdams

JDAdams

Can't download it. It says "there was a javascript error in this process, try another browser or contacting support." Will try later, wonder if Mediafire doesn't like FF? Never noticed that before.

12. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    I use Firefox, it downloaded just fine. Blame your computer or FF add-ons. =P

Anyway, not so sure about the idea of putting Sonic in SM64, unless you can recode Mario so he acts and looks like Sonic.

13. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I first attempted this at SSMB when the Toad Tool or whatever it's called first came out, then people on YouTube started to steal the work me and other members put into it without any credit. So then I got bored and stopped working on it. Good luck anyway. One thing though, change Mario back to his Original Textures, there is no reason to turn him blue. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.