don't click here

Sharing something no one would notice

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Fred Wood, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, Trunks here. I'm an oldbie. Been around here for a long time, but I never do much to cause a stir. A lot of you know me, some of you know me well, and some of those people know that I have a little bit of an actual sonic-related job. Been doing it since #199 regularly, though we started at #195. I won't go into it too much, but the job isn't a credited one, but I'm kinda sub-contracted regularly to do the flats for the end colorist. Because of this, I don't get credit, and I don't know if anyone much higher up than the guy I work for even knows I do anything.

Well, I want a little credit, so that's why I'm telling you guys this. Just a little nod that, "Hey, he's part of the creative process, even if his name isn't in the book."

A lot of people won't believe me, and that's fine, but in Sonic #199, Matt Herms kept in a little easter egg that I tossed in. It's very subtle, but I'm pointing it out. If nothing else, there's my name in the history pages, literally.

[​IMG]

Original site:
    http://trunks.fireball20xl.com/etc/twats

Current site:
    www.trunksandsoto.com

So really, this isn't me bragging, it's not looking for pity, just a little recognition. It's not a glamorous job, it's not a well paying one, and for the most part, it's not an easy one.

If the mods feel this is a waste of space, feel free to tear 'er down, I'll just add it to my wiki.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    That's actually pretty cool! :D

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    THAT IS AWESOME.

4. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Oh hey, this is awesome.

5. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    *bows down to you*

6. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Aha nice. :thumbsup:

7. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Rather impressive!

8. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Oh, you!

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Actually no wonder that he didn't remove the easter egg - the lighting effect of the screen glass hides the name :/

10. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Holy shit, that's fucking awesome! I knew that monitor had a real image. What exactly do you do though? Detailing?

11. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Trunks is also known in the community for his voice work in Sonic Bastardized.

12. That is win. really cool.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

I was wondering if it was the same guy for the longest time.

And that's pretty cool. I personally don't read the comics, but nevertheless.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I should note that while I have no problem with this topic, I'd appreciate if the responses were a bit more developed than "Cool!" like the gigantic string of one-word replies above me just were.

That said, I agree—this is pretty nifty! I always find it neat when comic artists throw in subtle little easter eggs to identify their work, and this is no exception. Out of curiosity, though, is this the only easter egg you've ever put in, or was there ever anything else you've managed to squeeze in there? I'm not totally adverse to a minor reference to Sonic Retro, you know. ;)

15. It's the only one I ever stuck in, other than drawing something in the margin once for Matt, which thankfully, he erased. I tend not to do anything of the sort, because if he doesn't want it in there, he has to waste time taking it out.

The monitor on the left is a picture of my facebook.

16. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Very nice! I guess none of us would have noticed; I had to scroll back up when you said your Facebook was on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.