don't click here

Least Favorite Sonic Game?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Insert Coin(s), Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    My least favorites would be: Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis version)
    Sonic Shuffle
    Sonic's Schoolhouse

I still play all of them, mainly just to be completist.

2. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis was absolutely terrible. I mean, the problems with Sonic Next were understandable - their project leader bailed partway through the creation of the game and everything went downhill from there. But Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis was fucking shameful.

3. Sonic Next Gen would be my least favorite if Sonic Genesis hadn't taken a previously good game and destroyed every scrap of what made it good.

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Well aside from repeating other posts, my least favorite is Shadow the Hedgehog. Definitely, the most boring game I have ever played, and I have played a lot of games. The fact it seems to play (in comparison to Sonic GBA) is insulting, you play it and all the fun has fucked off leaving a depressing mess. The level design is atrocious, the gun system lacks any kind of depth and the visual/audio style is drab.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wow. There are sure alot of Sonic CD haters lately. =\

Anyways, mine is Sonic Adventure 2. A terrible attempt to make an already-cool series "darker and edgier", and throwing in a mind-bendingly deep storyline (AKA something Sonic shouldn't have), putting Tails in a mech only because Eggman was in one too (which started the whole "Tails is nothing more than a mechanic" bit), treasure hunting was made even worse, Sonic (and Shadow) get extremely linear levels, Sonic ditches his trademark shoes for "cool skater d00d" kicks, reused concepts (Master Emerald smashed, monster-of-the-week), Shadow in general, every character's jumps are extremely floaty, loose movement, and last but not least they replaced Sonic's signature roll with a flippin' fire somersault that does exactly the same stuff as the roll but slows you down to a halt!!

Oh yeah, and like everyone else said, it led a "hey guize lets be cool" parade that led to later disasters such as Heroes, Shadow, Riders, Nextgen and (to an extent) Unleashed.

6. Sonic Labyrinth.

Take away Sonic's key trait and what do you get?

Boring "find the key" missions, to go decently fast you HAVE to use the spindash, and crappy Sonic 3D-esque level design.

Sonic 3D Blast is not a bad game. It kept the speed and had better level design, making it a much better game.

But THIS? Horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE.

7. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Sonic Blast ... IS the worst Sonic game ever.

8. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    The worst game ever ? Sonic Battle and Sonic 3D Blast.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Sonic GBA is the only Sonic game I truly hate, but I feel like I'm cheating for saying it.

10. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Sonic Battle, yes. S3D not worst in my opinion. Sonic Blast is pretty much the only game that I can't tolerate playing. And it leaves a bad taste in my mind.

11. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    You mean Sonic Genesis. Sonic GBA rocks.

12. Wasphammer

Wasphammer

HOW in the name of Chaos itself is Sonic Battle a bad game? Secondly, I hated Sonic 3D Bastard, erm, Blast. I did not have a blast playing it, it was as 3D as a stick figure, and it seemed to think that platforming worked with that perspective. It did not. How the hell do they expect platforming to work when you can't see where you're going? It was thankfully kind in that you kind speed jump across most pits. Otherwise, Sonic 2 GG is my least favorite. Fucking Antlion :argh: :argh: .

13. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    It's a dull fighter with a corny plot, poor character balance, and wonky physics.

14. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I actually liked Sonic Battle - although it's certainly not your normal Sonic game but a fighting game. Of course, if you look at it as a normal Sonic game, it does suck. Look at the games by their gameplay intention, dammit :P

Also I disagree in the physics part >:|

15. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    This one is so fucking easy, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, the worst thing of this game is the fact that they fuck up a REALLY good game. They made Sonic the Hedgehog into a clusterfuck, and theres no fucking excuse, after all if you have played Stealth port of Sonic the Hedgehog for the GBA, you could realize is was completely possible to do a faithful port of this game, in fact the GBA could even do a enhance port of this game, but SEGA wanted a quick & cheap product and they had to hire the most inept group of programmers in the history of game design. If someone know who was the jackass responsible for this port, I would like to know.

16. Nova

Nova

There's a handful of them, actually. They're all pretty deplorable.

Sonic Labyrinth was just... Ugh. To this day, I still won't consider it a Sonic game. As a standalone concept, it may have made a good game; there are just two things wrong. One, it's Sonic the Hedgehog. It's supposed to be fast. Two, it was so slow that it just ended up being tedious and repetitive.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006... Just... Don't get me fucking started. A schizophrenic camera (what was up with it, seriously? You jump and when you land the camera has to reset position! Ridiculous!), clumsy controls, buggy, plainly unfinished and just not fun. Silver's gameplay was some of the most mind-numbing, painstaking gaming I've ever forced myself to sit through.

As a kid, I enjoyed Sonic R - because it was Sonic. In hindsight, I can see how much of a gigantic turd it was. The controls can fuck right off, steering the characters was like trying to thread a needle while wearing a boxing glove covered in oil. The courses were convoluted and felt like a mish-mash of geometric objects placed by a five-year old with a level designer. The only good thing to come out of the game was Metal Knuckles. No, not you, you waifu-stealing faggot. :argh:

Shadow The Hedgehog was plain tedious. The levels were just... Ugh, I still don't know how somebody can design a level that is so boring, so bland and so god-damned annoying. I am of course, talking about all the levels aboard the Black Comet.

There are plenty of other shitty Sonic games, but these are the ones I hold the most disdain for. If you liked any of these games, you're an idiot and need to play some better games.

17. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Sonic R's only huge flaw was the godawful steering. Fix that, and you've got a pretty cool game.

18. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I played the PC version using a analog joystick, like you would usually use for a flight game. It actually worked pretty well.

19. Chronicles, not because it was especially bad, but because it was such a disappointment. I had high hopes for a game that wasn't made by the usual team, with an established pedigree from what I had heard. I especially was looking forward to the action RPG formula that had been set by the Mario series getting its own individuality in the varied character set the Sonic series had, especially after the hugely linear Partners in Time. Chronicles even promised to take previous stories and use them as one continuity, which was unusual for the series.

Instead, I played through a half-finished game with MIDI music ripped off the Internet, stock art that wasn't properly cleaned up, sound effects that were repetitive and unusual, a confusing battle system (Attack and Defense don't reflect how much damage you deal? What the hell?), creepy models, a group of undeveloped character races that don't belong, extremely linear gameplay, a world that doesn't match up with the series, and a incredible lack of NPCs and dialogue (though the dialogue's good when it's there). The worst part was that some reviewers thought that this was a good game, or at least, good for the Sonic series.

20. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    I'm just gonna go with my reply from an older topic of a similar nature. Not only because it's still true, but also because I find it comical.

5. Sonic 2006 - The game is overall not as bad as most people think, but the loading screens are annoying
    4. Sonic Drift/2 - It's fun for playing it on the road now and again, but just no.
    3. Sonic Spinball - I understand the idea behind this..... Listen, SEGA, you don't have to produce every [bleep]ing idea you [bleep]kickers come up with, understand?!
    2. Sonic 1/2 (SMS/GG) - WHY ARE THERE NO RINGS IN ACT 3?! What the [bleep], SEGA? Asswipes.
    1. Sonic Labryrith - [bleep] you, SEGA, [bleep] YOU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.