don't click here

Discovered "Atomic" Sonic...in Sonic 2

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by jawn.sith, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

Okay, so this requires debug mode. I know, shame on debug mode, as Sonic purists would cry, but I don't really care.

In Oil Ocean zone, there is that thing that you jump on. You know, that thing. When you break it, it sends you into those cannons, where you are shot around the map from cannon to cannon. I never liked it.

However, I did discover a neat little trick. If you summon that thing in debug mode, when you break it, it will send you flying in the right direction as opposed to up.

In order to activate Atomic Neo Hyper Super Sonic (Im not kidding, it's that fast),

1. become super,

2. then summon the brick thing,

3. break it, and then go back into debug mode and place yourself back onto the ground.

Doing this grants you...incredible speed. Faster than any incarnation of Super Sonic I've witnessed. And the best part is, there's no acelleration, you're just instantly that fast. Very hard to control but really fun (also, a little added bonus is if you combine the mega jump game genie code with this setting. The results are ridiculous).

Anyway, I imagine this has ruined my Sonic Street cred. Not that I care. Enjoy.

EDIT: oh, I guess I need practice, but if you run into a wall it kind of wares off. Also, spin dash seems to ruin it as well. whatever.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    ...very old, very known bug. :P

3. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    I disagree, I haven't heard of it yet.

...but it doesn't sound like something I wanna try out either. :v:

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

I've known about this bug for a long time, about 5 or so years but I was never able to pull it off correctly unfortunately and lacked the patience.

5. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I used to love abusing it. The massive jumps just made things so much easier XD

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Easiest way to do is in that section of act 2 with 4 pressure plates, to ride the one up to the strange springing device and hold right. You'll land on spikes and fall into -- and then out of -- the spitter thing. Requires no use of debug mode, even!

It's rather difficult to control, but Sonic does get a high jump out of it.

7. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    That's where I've always done it =P

8. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

Figures. I'm still very much a Sonic noob.

It's so cool though! lol. I like that it's even faster than hyper sonic even thought Sonic 2 is an older game.

9. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Ditto.
    Except I've always done it without Super Sonic, since it works fine without debug if you do it that way.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, it IS a glitch. In S3K you could just as easily use a series of PAR codes like:

FFF760:5FFF (super high max speed)
    FFF763:00FF (super high acceleration)
    011816:1A00 (orbital jump)

to get a more extreme effect anyway.

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This is something completely new to me as well! I'm too lazy to try it right now, so I hope someone youtubes it someday.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This glitch would be a lot cooler in any level other than Oil Ocean. You know, like one with room to gain speed and actually do a decent jump.

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

<3 You for finding this :)

I never knew Sonic could move so fast. I've never seen him go off screen like this outside of Chemical Plant.

15. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

yeah that's what I was wondering. Is there a way to get that item...into emerald hill zone?

Probably involves hacking -__-

16. LSD

LSD

I've never heard or seen anything about this glitch. Looks interesting, but yeah, there isn't enough room to gain and maintain the speed.

17. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Heh, I found this glitch a long time ago with my older brother. I called it hyper sonic before I even knew about sonic 3. When combined super super sonic, I called it Mega Sonic.

Man, I wonder if defaulting his acceleration/speed/jump to what it is during that glitch would make the game unbeatable?

18. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    When I first saw this topic, I was thinking it was referring to the Atomic Sonic hack.

...meh, it's still cool. Been playing around with the super speed/jump codes mentioned by muteki. Can create some really funky glitches with them. :v:

19. jawn.sith

jawn.sith

when I turn on the acceleration code I move backwards...lol...

anyone else have this problem?

20. Katana

Katana

Arachnaphobic Member
    Australia
    Trying not to fall asleep... why am I so tired?
    I never heard of it, and I want to try it sometime. It would be a little hard to control, but it would be fun to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.