don't click here

Sonic Amateur Games Expo 2009

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by InstantSonic, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Yes, it was one he helped with. I doubt he is upset, just a little shocked. It really was hyped to high hell and news was everywhere from here to all of those Sonic news sites. Basically, you couldn't miss it unless you were completely absent from the Sonic community as a whole last year... which is certainly possible, just a little silly to say there was no hype for if you weren't around.

2. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    This will be the second SAGE I will see, let's just hope it will be more exciting than last year.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    All I ask is Dom comes back for Andross' Party of Doom on SAGEcast.

4. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I'm going to register this year. It will be my first sage ( not the first I follow, but the first I show something). I hope it goes well,my project is a sightly strange one, not the usual fangame.

5. AndyRolo

AndyRolo

Wolverhampton, UK
    Back from working abroard. Gunna get back in to hacking then i'll start working on somthing proper.
    Will it still be at www.sagexpo.org?

6. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    I'm an oldbie and this I thought this was the second SAGE.

7. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Yeah. There's a splash page up currently and the site will become active when the show starts on the 25th.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    DM Ashura and friends have been getting the Sonic Gemini website ready for its SAGE 2009 demo. I played with our latest engine build last night....mmm....things seem to be on track...

9. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Oh that level looks sweet I cannot wait to play that. Time Twisted will be there too.

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I wish I could have had a real TFH demo finished and ready for SAGE. Alas, a combination of being lazy + having a lot of other stuff get in the way leads to non-productivity...

11. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Will the IRC channel still be the same as the last SAGE?

12. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
  13. CyberKitsune

CyberKitsune

Never enough time. Member
    aaaaaaaaa
  14. Granville

Granville

US
    Sonic Rebirth and Nexus = epic win. I miss that old music Slingerland used for the other SAGE trailers though (41 and Rising?). :P

EDIT- wonder if Retro Sonic XG will appear...

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    SAGE is finally started, guys!

http://www.sagexpo.org/

Be sure to check out #sagexpo (on irc.rizon.net) and the SAGEcast as well! Lots of fun to be had for all. :)

I'll post my game impressions as the ones I have my eyes on get demo releases. Mecha Madness is looking to be one of my favorites for far, though!

16. Phugolz

Phugolz

Banned
    There are no other entries this year except Sonic: WTFLAME

17. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I wonder how many games this year yet again are going to announce a sage demo and then days go by and they say "still getting ready" only to at the end just say "We didn't make it", even though they set up the booth and all. There really should be a rule that unless you submit a demo to the staff then there is no booth that they will link to. It's honestly incredibly retarded and I'd think they would have learned their lesson by now. Every single year is a disappointment because anything worth looking forward just doesn't make it.

Doesn't help what DOES make it is usually always the shittiest things ever. While I know I'm coming off pissed its been a long time coming :p And I fully stand by what I'm saying here. Guys, you seriously need to fix your submission rules. Please consider this constructive criticism from someone who's witnessed this enough times and think the staff would have wised up by now. :)

18. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    SAGE has begun! No time is better than now to announce my very own fangame project: Sonic CD 2. http://www.soniccd2fangame.webs.com

I waited for this day to announce this project since it's most appropriate. All details are at the project website. Good luck to all of those who have registered!

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wow, this year's SAGE lineup sure looks delicious.

But why won't Sonic Gemini's demo download?!? D=

20. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Wow this year is quite messy, there are some entries that don't even have a download but still listed, some are not even Sonic related, some aren't even fan games. Ah well, time for weeding the good stuff out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.