don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stop it. Sonic is in a car because he's in a car and everyone else is in a car. Nothing more to it.

2. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    That's because the escapist is filled with people who want to be tough internet guys.

5. RevFirst

RevFirst

Woah. I'm no fan of today's Sonic but I've seen better criticism on the franchise from GameFAQs, /v/, etc.
    I especially love this comment: "shadow is the only one out of the lot I can tolerate .. I'll kill sonic .. and that big cat thing ...... and amy".

6. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    To be fair, he couldn't swim as well as the other characters.

Exactly, just like he had to be on an airboard when he was in Riders, and oddly, fewer people bitched at that.

7. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor

S2HD Staff - Badnik Artist Member
    I am entirely excited for this game.

I lol'd for the first time today. Thank you for that, sir.

8. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I also find it a little funny that people are complaining about someone who can outrun a car driving one in a motor sport like it's too much of a unacceptable deviation from logic for the series.

Because of course, giant, talking, multicolor animals who do things like glide using their dreadlocks or fly by implausibly using their limbs like helicopter blades is perfectly acceptable.

9. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    I like how the majority is all "OMG SEGA U PUT SONCI IN A CAR NOW ITS RUINED FOREVR!!!!11"
    Seriously, it's a friggin´ spin-off game, yet they treat it like it would not only affect the entire Sonic series, but the whole fucking video game industry.
    And they haven't even played it. How... intelligent.

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    There was a similar reaction when Black Knight was announced: OMG SONIC WITH A SWORD THIS GAME SUXXXX!!!

A game doesn't suck because of its concept, it sucks because they put no effort in it. Every problem BK suffered were because the team didn't make a good job and made very flat stages, not because Sonic had a sword.
    Similarly, this game will not be bad, if it will be bad, because Sonic is in a car, but because the tracks will be poorly designed.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's different though. That was a sequel to a game that didn't have a shitty sword gimmick that many people actually like, and they ruined it by adding a stupid sword gimmick that they combined with normal Sonic gameplay, which is a no no. Sonic in a car however doesn't matter as it's a spinoff kart racer, and everyone is in a car. It's not normal Sonic gameplay mixed with cars.

12. Phos

Phos

Perhaps "tolerable" was the wrong word, I don't specifically dislike racing as Sonic in a car, I just prefer to see him race on foot. In addition to kind of talking away the point of putting Sonic in a car, but I also have a specific desire to see Sonic race Outrun guy.
    I don't think you can play that card when you're arguing with people who want to see a hedgehog race a Ferrari and expect it to be able to win.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Video of the Comic Con build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKfS-k5Il0
    Looks like it's been updated, you can now fall of the track.
    The player is also pretty good for once. He actually drifting and doing tricks.
    The player says the game is like Outrun and Mario Kart combined in the description.
    Also, bad loading times are bad.

14. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Well, y'know, except that Black Knight was actually pretty good.

Also, wtf? Big the Cat is in the game? If they're gonna call the game Sonic & SEGA etc. and they're gonna make half the characters Sonic characters, they could at least have more popular characters, like Espio and Vector.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

Bad loading times? Oh no. Hopefully those will be made shorter by the final game's release. Unfortunately, Sonic 06 contradicted that hope before...

EDIT: After looking at that video, the loading times seem like they are even longer than those of Sonic 06!

16. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Can a Ferrari break the sound barrier?

17. Phos

Phos

You're missing the point. This is what an actual hedgehog looks like:
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    I wasn't prepared for Kage-Maru there. Haha, I forgot this was a convention.

Wait, isn't this convention supposed to be about comics?

18. Eddo

Eddo

Heh, the Kage cosplayer surprised me too.

19. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City

Ohhh, you meant a REAL hedgehog. Nevermind then.

20. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Seems like it will play nice, though the animations bugged me. STOP JUMPING OUT OF THE CAR, GODDAMN IT.

Also, why is Sonic on a car? It's like when spriters use restricted palettes, really. Just because we can do better in another way, doesn't mean we can't do better in this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.