don't click here

Pioneer LaserActive Bios Compatibility

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by SegaLoco, Jun 21, 2009.

1. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Personally, I don't know much about how various game systems work, but something that has always bugged me is that sometimes emulators don't support everything floating around in the tubes. One such thing is the LaserActive. Its bios have been dumped, although they do not work in any known emulator. I was just curious, if anyone out there has a LaserActive, would they be willing to do some dumping or tests or whatever can be done to get more information on how it works. I know Cryomancer over at X-Cult has one, and I am going to ask him tomorrow if he wants to help, but still, the more people we have working on this the better. Don't take this as me saying I can do much myself, my knowledge is limited, but I figured that just throwing this idea out there is a good idea. (P.S. If anybody has a Wondermega, Muiltimega, etc..., dump the bios please.)

2. Axel Letterman

Axel Letterman

The Saiyan Hedgehog Member
    The Pioneer LaserActive with a Sega Genesis module are VERY RARE to find these days, you would find.... one or two on eBay.

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Aren't the BIOSes for those already dumped as well?

Did you check this already, by the way?

4. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

There are various BIOS dumps, but most of them don't work in a standard Sega CD emulator, although from what I there, I am starting to see why. Thanks for the info.

5. Nemesis

Nemesis

Tech Member
    I have a LaserActive, and I started looking at emulating it just recently (http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=563). When I get some time to look at this again (probably in a month or so), I'll develop a method to dump the digital data from the disks, which is really the next step in getting some momentum on emulating this system.

6. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

Dude, you should definitely get with Cryomancer on this one, he is very interested in this too.

7. Nemesis

Nemesis

Tech Member
    Do you know what games he has? I only have Space Berserker.