don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    [​IMG]

Done on the Rev XB rom, from Sonic Mega Collection. Simply roll past the end to cause the freeze, but when it does, let go of down and press C to skip past it. Instead of fully freezing, the screen raises back up and this happens.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I've heard of bug testing but "that" is ridiculous XD

Does anyone know why/how this happens?

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I'm doing the Sonic Adventure 2 levels and I'm listing the number of animals and locations as well. Today I went through Green Forest to remember where they all were and found one that I hadn't before, though I was sure that I had caught them all once. With this in mind I caught the twenty mandatory ones, the number flashed red and an extra-life was given and then at the end I caught the other one that I remembered. The number flashed 20 again and another life was given. I don't think this was ever reported (I don't think anyone has the patience / lack of sense to go through the levels to catch them all but me). I don't know if this can be called a bug or not though, but it's interesting to a degree. I though the game would throw a fit about it.

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Funny, you'd imagine the developer of the software they use for the level designing would make it so that you can arrange objects in groups and thus, display the number of a certain object type, in this case, "small animals". Apparently not.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    So, I check a TAS video that was posted here and I notice this:
    [​IMG]

Since when can you get a 50,000 time bonus with over 30 seconds? o_O

EDIT: and later in that video the score tally appears without the game taking control over Sonic at all... OK, he had majorly fucked up the game =P

EDIT 2: OK, it seems the scoring is what you're meant to have... What are the time bonuses of each game though? First time I see something bigger than 30 seconds to give 50,000 points.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  7. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    The back of the European MegaDrive Ultimate Collection PS3 box lists a screenshot of Sonic 3 as Sonic 2.

I don't have a scanner or good enough camera to prove this- but I'm hoping a Britfag who bought the game could help me out nonetheless. (or point me in the direction of a boxscan)

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    If memory serves, we pointed this out at the time, so you don;t need to worry about proving it =P

In fact - here's the original post mentioning it: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=281937

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Is this a SA2battle thing?

10. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
  11. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

It's a DC thing at least, and an EU version at that. I have no idea if Battle has it, since I only have the original with me. The locations are in the article if someone wants to test it out for Battle or other regions.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Green_Forest#Animals

I think it's one of the Half Fish. It's a rare animal and those are always in the third Chao box and sometimes somewhere on the level, so always two at most. There's three there. I would say it's the one behind the wooden containers because it's so obvious, and the rare animal is always in some arse place that is easily overlooked.

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Nevermind, went back to the savestate and enabled debug mode with the RAM editor:

[​IMG]

:psyduck:

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I always wondered what that object in the debug list was......

14. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Sonic Slide and Punch! Member
    Yozora
    I can't believe I missed this but:
    [​IMG]
    The second roller animation is a bunch of caterkiller heads.

When I first saw this I thought it had something to do with the art that I replaced with the yadrins, but it's on a clean rom too.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, that's a pretty commonly observed bug. The tiles for the Caterkiller are in the Pattern Load Cue for Spring Yard, for some reason. Normally this wouldn't be a problem—after all, the enemy isn't present to be viewed in the level—but the PLC has the tiles for the Caterkiller load smack dab in the middle of the VRAM area where the Roller is loaded. As a result, where there would normally be extra rolling frames, you now have... well, Caterkiller head. =P

The issue is fixed easily enough, though—just remove the Caterkiller from the Pattern Load Cue for the level. Simple! :)

16. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    And I thought it was just me. I just come from playing Sonic 1 and just now I noticed that, when the first of those badniks comes to me =P

17. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Sonic Slide and Punch! Member
    Yozora
    I never saw it until now. I'm slow.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Because that rolling enemy is fast I use to think the game showed the enemy too quickly and has to load all its details, for a kid I'm suprised I thought like that...

19. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Actually it happens because the catterkiller art data is overwriting the roller art data

20. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy