don't click here

Warehog in Ristar?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by tachyglossus aculeatus, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm guessing plenty of people here have thought about what it would be like to play as sonic the Warehog in Ristar. What are peoples thoughts on the concept of a 2D side scroller Warehog game that plays similar to Ristar? If people wanted to make a fan game or hack of Ristar I would totally want to help out with art/sprites.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    A Ristar hack would be interesting. A straight sprite swap for the Werehog wouldn't. =P

3. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    How about making Sonic Unleashed 2D, by trying to port ristar gameplay in Sonic 1 or 2?

4. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Pish-Posh, No one's satisified with the basics anymore it seems... =P

This would actually be kind of cool even if it was just a sprite swap. Of course its probably because I'm easily pleased by the simplest of things.

5. So is it safe to say that nobody has made a set of 2D warehog sprites yet?

6. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

It depends on what style and where you look. I've seen many sheets in Genesis style, though none are finished, and most are very little complete.

7. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    There's tons of sprite sheets made for him, just look on DeviantART. Can't say many of them are any good, but they're there. And yes, I've been thinking of doing a simple sprite-swap in Ristar, but I don't know how. :(

8. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I think you misread. A Sprite Swap would be awesome, just not the Werehog.

Right?

9. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
  10. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Actually, a straight sprite-swap would still be fairly boring even if it WASN'T for the character with the most boring and monotonous levels in an otherwise awesome game (Unleashed). =P

11. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    truth be told I liked werehog's levels more than sonic's.. but I've only played the ps2 version. Felt like a god of war rip off, which is a fucking awesome game.

12. Wasphammer

Wasphammer

I have to agree with Ayla. The Sonic stages were mediocre at best. Still have yet to beat Eggmanland on the PS2 version though, so I want to see if the levels ramp up in quality.

13. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Ristar? No way. Astal? Now we're getting somewhere.

14. I just thought a ristar style game would be the obvious choice for the warehog to be in since he has stretchy arms and the game was one of the original concepts that sonic team thought of as the first sonic game (back when they were still brainstorming character and gameplay ideas).
    Imagine a 2D sonic unleashed where every second zone is night time and you had to swing your way through it ristar style with your stretchy arms. Just throwing ideas out there.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    The fundamental point though is that the Werehog's stages were easily the most boring and crappy parts OF Unleashed. I for one wouldn't care if we never see him again, ever.

Ristar's game was always something a bit more than that - for one thing, he was the main character, not tacked-on game lengthening.

16. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I would agree here, I hope werehog DOESN'T make another appearance. The made the mistake of bringing back shadow, don't do it with the Werehog :psyduck:

17. Wasphammer

Wasphammer

We need more Werehog goodness.

18. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Werehog sucks but fanhacks don't. Go for it.

19. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    I would rather have another good Sonic game without werehog than have werehog in another game.. but honestly I preferred playing werehog to sonic in unleashed. Sonic's levels were so linear I could barely take it. Maybe DIMPS just couldn't pull off good 3d levels. I know I didn't like sonic rush, either =P

20. They sealed away the exact thing that caused the Werehog to exist in the first place. I doubt we'll be seeing him again outside of spin-offs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.